The Student Room Group

Muslim migrants cause chaos in Brussels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arizonaidiot
How about when the Britiish ruled over the Indian subcontinent without their consent?What about the Amritsar massacre?

This is a huge false equivalency.
Original post by QE2
Which laws in particular that have been forced on us by the EU do you object to.

And once these laws have been enacted into UK law before we leave the EU, will you stop objecting to them, because they will no longer be EU law?

No, the police have no control over how fast you drive. If you want to drive at 35 in a 40, you can, etc. They have no control over your speed. They can only prosecute if they catch you breaking the law.

Likewise, the EU do not write or enact law in the UK. Never have done.

If law would never have come about were it not for the EU - the source of that law is the EU, not English law. It doesn't matter that the WTR are what gives the WTD effect in this country - it came from the EU, therefore it's European Law. To argue otherwise is just bizarre.

As for what I object to- the whole concept. I object to the whole concept that there are courts higher than those of the land. The idea that if you are unsuccessful at the UKSC, you can appeal to a court outside the UK, to justices that are not in any way answerable to British citizens and have no stake in the effects of their judgements.
Original post by Chaz254
This is a huge false equivalency.

You said white people never killed 500 people,I answered your question with evidence.Don't see why that is so hard for you to believe.My main point was that crimes can be committed by anyone and are not predispositioned to a particular group or race.
I’m moroccan and I admit that what those people did in Brussels was a shame, none of that happened in Morocco even though we were celebrating too, but please don’t stigmatize, it’s got nothing to do with religion nor with nationality, it’s got to do with education. And don’t forget that usually, people who tend to «*stand out*» by their violent acts were born and grew up in those European countries, maybe it has to do with how marginalised and looked down upon they were since their childhood, the racism and stereotypes they have to endure, which is exactly what you’re doing, if they feel excluded from the society it only makes it worse
Original post by Rits21
I’m moroccan and I admit that what those people did in Brussels was a shame, none of that happened in Morocco even though we were celebrating too, but please don’t stigmatize, it’s got nothing to do with religion nor with nationality, it’s got to do with education. And don’t forget that usually, people who tend to «*stand out*» by their violent acts were born and grew up in those European countries, maybe it has to do with how marginalised and looked down upon they were since their childhood, the racism and stereotypes they have to endure, which is exactly what you’re doing, if they feel excluded from the society it only makes it worse

I was worried about this up until I saw the word 'Football'. There have been so many riots over sports by everyone all over the world that I tend not to care.

It's stupid, but everyone condemns it always. Even Canadians rioted after Vancouver won the Stanley Cup and I can't imagine anyone condemning Canada as being violent.
Reply 85
Original post by arizonaidiot
"What's that? You're not? Could you explain why?"You make too much assumptions mate.Yes,I agree that it was a terrible crime committed by the Muslims .Hindus and many other religions and sects also suffered greatly in the Indian subcontinent rule..Point is,that guy said that white people never murdered 500 people and I simply answered his question.Crimes can be committed by anyone and are not predispositioned to a particular group or race.
Well done you!
It's unusual to hear apologists for Islam accept that it has been a major force for violence and oppression over history. They usually claim that Persia, North Africa, Spain and India welcomed their Islamic overlords with open arms!
Reply 86
Original post by Liniop
Hundreds of Moroccan Muslim migrants causing chaos in Brussels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QttBGCaARdk

This is what happens when you have mass immigration of useless people from 3rd world countries.

Once Western Europe has Right-Wing leadership like Eastern Europe does, I think some mass deportations are in order.

Wow, my dog behaves better in public.
Original post by Wōden
Will you be returning home when your studies are completed? I'm quite sure Afghanistan is in greater need of medical professionals than we are here in Britain.

Thats probably the dumbest thing i have heard all day, this country is facing a crisis in shortage of doctors and you go and try to tell someone to leave a country they have studied and been bought up in. ALL migrants fill roles in society which would collapse if not for them. Im not saying every migrant isn't a trouble maker, sure there are some. But to use them to bar so many is pointless as these guys are needed for this country to thrive.

I do not know what your father rants about on the dinner table but keep it to yourself. This stuff is uncalled for.
Original post by 10oba-abbad
Thats probably the dumbest thing i have heard all day, this country is facing a crisis in shortage of doctors and you go and try to tell someone to leave a country they have studied and been bought up in. ALL migrants fill roles in society which would collapse if not for them. Im not saying every migrant isn't a trouble maker, sure there are some. But to use them to bar so many is pointless as these guys are needed for this country to thrive.

I do not know what your father rants about on the dinner table but keep it to yourself. This stuff is uncalled for.

But in Afghanistan there is even more shortage of doctors

Unfortunately those roles migrants fill seem to include co-ordinated crime such as rape gangs.
Original post by Chaz254
Unfortunately those roles migrants fill seem to include co-ordinated crime such as rape gangs.

Like i said, i too agree that there are certain migrants who have come to the UK and worsened the community through various ways, but the majority are of the opposite nature. There are many more "good" Muslim immigrants out there than bad. And as for the need for migrants, Muslim doctors represent 7% (the number is approximately 18,500) of the total practising doctors in the UK. I am only using doctors as an example but there you go. This country thrives upon immigration of peoples of all faiths and backgrounds and to try and cordon out a particular group of people who in the majority are good citizens would be foolish. Sure, work needs to happen to ensure none of the wrong kind of Muslim immigrants such as rapists and extremists enter this country, but we must see past these few and look to the more, who contribute so vastly to Britain.
Original post by Wōden
Will you be returning home when your studies are completed? I'm quite sure Afghanistan is in greater need of medical professionals than we are here in Britain.

You would not ask such a question if you were in his position...
Original post by The RAR
But in Afghanistan there is even more shortage of doctors

Legitimately sad someone needs to point out to you why that is a stupid point to make
Original post by Rohit Joshi
Legitimately sad someone needs to point out to you why that is a stupid point to make

Is that your argument? Just calling my point stupid? Care to give a reason why you think my point is stupid?
Original post by The RAR
Is that your argument? Just calling my point stupid? Care to give a reason why you think my point is stupid?

There is a shortage of doctors on the moon. Why not go there?
Obviously there is a lack of quality of life and hence he wishes to come to provide his services in a country with better welfare which has a positive impact on the country he decides to emigrate to... Would you go back to Afghanistan?
There is a shortage of doctors on the moon. Why not go there?
Obviously there is a lack of quality of life and hence he wishes to come to provide his services in a country with better welfare which has a positive impact on the country he decides to emigrate to... Would you go back to Afghanistan?

Ehm...because there are no humans or any living things to treat there, may I remind you there are no doctors AT ALL on the moon, only sometimes are there astronaut doctors on the moon and they only stay there temporarily.
What do you mean a country with better welfare? How does him leaving the UK help the UK?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by The RAR
Ehm...because there are no humans or any living things to treat there, may I remind you there are no doctors AT ALL on the moon, only sometimes are there astronaut doctors on the moon and they only stay there temporarily.
What do you mean a country with better welfare? How does him leaving the UK help the UK?

Then why did you tell him Afghanistan is more so in need of medical professionals?
Then why did you tell him Afghanistan is more so in need of medical professionals?

That's not what I meant, all I said was that Afghanistan has just fewer doctors than the UK, that doesn't mean Afghanistan is in need of more doctors.
Original post by The RAR
That's not what I meant, all I said was that Afghanistan has just fewer doctors than the UK, that doesn't mean Afghanistan is in need of more doctors.

Your point has just been made futile. I suggest you refrain from commenting further before you find yourself in a self-dug hole.
Your point has just been made futile. I suggest you refrain from commenting further before you find yourself in a self-dug hole.

The fact that you are telling me that my point is "futile" is futile.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest