The Student Room Group

Will I be rejected by Edinburgh?

Hi, I am sending off my UCAS application at the end of this week and need some advice.
I am applying to 4 courses for International Relations (Durham, Exeter etc.) and for my fifth course I want to apply to the University of Edinbrugh's Sustainable Development MA. I would want to choose to take the course alongside international relations (taking another a secondary main subject area). However will I be rejected on principle because my personal statement is solely focused on International Relations and I do explicitly say so within it. I don't want to waste an offer if I will be rejected straight off.
https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/degrees/index.php?action=programme&code=HL23
That is the course website, under 'what you will study' it states the secondary subject you must choose. The course involves taking the same percentage of Sustainable Development and International Relations modules
Any advice would be helpful?
(My predicted grades are A*AA and the course is ABB so in that regards I am fine)
Original post by katie735
Hi, I am sending off my UCAS application at the end of this week and need some advice.
I am applying to 4 courses for International Relations (Durham, Exeter etc.) and for my fifth course I want to apply to the University of Edinbrugh's Sustainable Development MA. I would want to choose to take the course alongside international relations (taking another a secondary main subject area). However will I be rejected on principle because my personal statement is solely focused on International Relations and I do explicitly say so within it. I don't want to waste an offer if I will be rejected straight off.
https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/degrees/index.php?action=programme&code=HL23
That is the course website, under 'what you will study' it states the secondary subject you must choose. The course involves taking the same percentage of Sustainable Development and International Relations modules
Any advice would be helpful?
(My predicted grades are A*AA and the course is ABB so in that regards I am fine)

why dont you ask if they'll accept an alternative statement ? :smile:
Little update to say I got an offer a couple of days ago from Edinburgh in case anyone in the future is in my situation (I was also too lazy to write an alternative personal statement) :smile:

Congratulations on your offer!
Little update to say I got an offer a couple of days ago from Edinburgh in case anyone in the future is in my situation (I was also too lazy to write an alternative personal statement) :smile:

Congrats on the offer :smile:

Also didn't write an alternative PS for St Andrews SD last year and still got an offer so it seems to be common for SD courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest