Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've never had a prob with O2 and in fact I've always thought it's a gr8 network. had the top up £10 each month for 300free txts for about 2 yrs now. I've always lived at my house now, and everythings been gd and fine.

Well yesterday early morning, i realised my txts weren't coming thru, I have another fone so people been ringing asking y they can't call my o2 number and y i haven't replied to txts.....which i found strange seeing as i could make calls and send txts. so i tried calling myself, and strangely enough they were right, it didn't work. It got to a point where i had to make any call in order to get my txts coming thru. so every 10mins i'd have to make a call.

I thought it was temporary seeing as my friends on o2 have no probs. however the prob still persists, so i rang up o2.......50p per min, spoke to 4 different advisers and this hasn't been resolved, they 'don't know'.......spoke for about half hour, which is pathetic.
    One of them suggested i just buy a new sim card, so i did....this time an o2 pay monthly one which i'm hoping will arrive soon.

I headed off to central london, and found that hey, my fone works fine....got all excited but felt bit **** cos i had wasted money on new sim card....
    then i got out of my home tube station, and fone doesn't work again.

i just don't understand, if its a network prob, i shouldn't be able to make outward calls or send txts full stop.......arghhh!!

ReputationRep:
    Solution: switch to 3.

ReputationRep:
    my 02 phone has finally come through thank god. i just hope it doesn't bail out on me like yours has done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    my 02 phone has finally come through thank god. i just hope it doesn't bail out on me like yours has done

hey i've seriously had no probs with O2 before. I just realised after sitting in the car that theres only problems round my whole block in my area. But if i go 4 roads down, theres nothing wrong, it works fine. so i'm stuck at home now and theres nothing i can do, just gotta hope O2 sorts out its mast maybe.

ReputationRep:
    I've had problems with O2.
    I got my sim card for the 300 txts and the 300 mins on WAP.
    I had my fone unlocked for all networks, so the WAP wasnt set up for O2. So i have to call the Customer Reps to help me. They reckon because they dont usually do my fone. So anyway i called and got the settings. Tried to use it and it didnt work, called up again and went through the settings again. They said i had the wap address wrong. So they gave me the right one. The WAP still didnt work so i called again and they said the best thing is to put the sim card into another fone and check if it would work in that one and if i had anymore problems then to call back. It worked in the other O2 handset but still didnt work in mine. So I called back again and they said they will check if there is a technical fault. So they put me on hold for about 30 mins and then got back to me and said that the sim is okay and that i would have to go to a local O2 shop to sort it out.

I wasnt at all happy and nor was my mum does of the fone bill.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear.......i'm really worried bout fone bill too

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.