nataliehunterr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What should I take for my gcse as my parent isn’t letting me take both ‘soft’ subjects. Pe ,, pros - love sport and good at it but cons,, hate bio and physics which are around 50 % of the mark. Drama ,, pros - I love it, it’s fun and ‘easier’ for my personality. Cons, what career does it open to me in the next step?
Many thankssss!!!
Zids3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i did both PE and Drama and believe me picking Drama was my biggest mistake. it seems easy but it is actually very technical and tbh in the future it doesn't open many doors.

PE is more impressive to do well in and the theory side of it all (biology and physics) is not as bad as it seems. it is honestly not that difficult and im sure you'll be fine.
nataliehunterr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Zids3)
i did both PE and Drama and believe me picking Drama was my biggest mistake. it seems easy but it is actually very technical and tbh in the future it doesn't open many doors.

PE is more impressive to do well in and the theory side of it all (biology and physics) is not as bad as it seems. it is honestly not that difficult and im sure you'll be fine.
Thank you so much, helps a lot and changes my view
expiredyoghurt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not trying to scare you or anything, but GCSE PE is more theory than sport- in Edexcel, it's 60% theory, 30% practical and 10% coursework, for AQA I believe its 60% theory and 40% practical. But as Zids3 said, it isn't that difficult. If you take biology and/or chemistry, a partial amount of the content you learn will probably be repeated again in PE GCSE (ie gas exchange or learning about carbohydrates etc.), taking PE will allow you to consolidate some of your science. You should also take a look at the specification for more insight

I chose GCSE PE and I can fairly say I enjoy it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads