The Student Room Group

Days til Cambridge Computer Science Interview - Help!

Okay so I received an invitation to interview at Queens for Computer Science, it's gonna be on the 5th of December, I'm a bit ****ed now.

I really need some advice. What can I do in these 18-19 days to maximise my chances of getting into Cambridge? Mainly:

1. What is the best way to prepare for the interview? What should I cover to ensure that I don't get stuck? Any interview tips?

2. What is the best and most efficient way to prepare for the CSAT? Currently I can barely answer 4 questions fully, which I know is sad. I have never encountered things like 'lim' and 'min' and 'max' in my life and have no idea how to use them...

It's been my dream to go to Cambridge and I've worked so hard to get here but I need some help now! If anyone can answer my two questions above I'd be extremely grateful :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by yungabzzz
Okay so I received an invitation to interview at Queens for Computer Science, it's gonna be on the 5th of December, I'm a bit ****ed now.

I really need some advice. What can I do in these 18-19 days to maximise my chances of getting into Cambridge? Mainly:

1. What is the best way to prepare for the interview? What should I cover to ensure that I don't get stuck? Any interview tips?

2. What is the best and most efficient way to prepare for the CSAT? Currently I can barely answer 4 questions fully, which I know is sad. I have never encountered things like 'lim' and 'min' and 'max' in my life and have no idea how to use them...

It's been my dream to go to Cambridge and I've worked so hard to get here but I need some help now! If anyone can answer my two questions above I'd be extremely grateful :smile:

There's other threads on this :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5016714

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yungabzzz

Just to help you with your first question.....
It is OK to get stuck. If you do, they’ll probably help you by giving you a little hint or nudge. What they want to see is how you react and try to figure out when you’re stuck or are challenged with unfamiliar questions.
It’s not like exams where your knowledge is tested and they expect you to come up with right answers smoothly, but they want to see how you ‘think’ and want to make sure you’re suited to their unique style of teaching = supervisions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending