EmperorTortoise
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone doing Cicero set text for A Level? Do you have any good translations?
Classics_Teacher
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am teaching the Cicero this year for A-Level if you mean the Pro Milone text? If you're wanting a translation so that you can read the whole speech (which is quite useful) then I'd go for Cicero: Defence Speeches translated by Berry and published in the Oxford World's Classics series.

If you're wanting something to help with the prescribed Latin (the vocab, grammar etc.) then there are a few good resources. The official OCR set text is available on Amazon by searching 'Pro Milone', as is the older edition by Colson.

Another excellent resource is ZigZag notes, although they are expensive at £54. They are designed for whole-class use, and so you are essentially paying for the exemption from copyright, which allows the teacher to photocopy the notes freely (and legally!)

https://zigzageducation.co.uk/synops...prose?pod=6497

Hope this helps!
bigzam
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I studied Pro Milone during Lower Sixth.
We studied sections 24-32, 34-35 and 43-52, of which i have typed up translations that I can send to you if you'd like?
Let me know!
abigail2599
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bigzam)
I studied Pro Milone during Lower Sixth.
We studied sections 24-32, 34-35 and 43-52, of which i have typed up translations that I can send to you if you'd like?
Let me know!
Might be too late but it would be so so helpful if u could send me your translation? Thank you so so much in advance!!! ❤️❤️
Xxxx
Shane Thomas
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have attached a translation from Cambridge School Classics Project (CSCP). I have highlighted sections to correspond with the Latin. It's a very literal translation, but hopefully that's a good thing! There are also some other helpful resources attached.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (67)
62.04%
No (41)
37.96%

Watched Threads