The Student Room Group

feel really dizzy, nauseated, and like pressure in my head

Ok so I need reassurance here from someone who knows about medications.

I took what I was told was aripiprazole last night and today I'm feeling all this. I'm finding it very hard to focus and concentrate and I'm worried it wasn't aripiprazole but poison but, for reasons I don't want to go into, I want to keep it down and keep calm. My eyes feel kind of like they're being pushed from behind with just how full my brain feels. And everytime I stand up I feel very dizzy. I didn't eat breakfast because I feel too nauseated.

So can aripiprazole cause this kind of pressure and fullness inside my head or should I be trying to throw it up?
Reply 1
High blood pressure? Check it

I had similar minus nausea, ended up having a stroke. Get it checked asap!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by SMEGGGY
High blood pressure? Check it

I had similar minus nausea, ended up having a stroke. Get it checked asap!

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** seriously?

Is there any way I can check blood pressure without going to a doctor?
Original post by Anonymous
**** seriously?

Is there any way I can check blood pressure without going to a doctor?

you can buy small blood pressure monitors from a pharmacy
Reply 4
you can buy small blood pressure monitors from a pharmacy

I'm at work right now. I meant more like how you can measure your heart beat by counting. :colondollar:

You can't measure your blood pressure from your counting the amount of heart beats p/m... however i doubt it could be a migraine, aripiprazole does have common side effects which you have stated above^ so i wouldn't really worry. If this does continue throughout the upcoming days, i would suggest seeing a doctor URGENTLY.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by CaptoonHunch
You can't measure your blood pressure from your counting the amount of heart beats p/m... however i doubt it could be a migraine, aripiprazole does have common side effects which you have stated above^ so i wouldn't really worry. If this does continue throughout the upcoming days, i would suggest seeing a doctor URGENTLY.

Ok.

My ears also hurt.
Reply 7
Why are you taking anti-psychotics if you're not prescribed them..? [i assume you arent atleast since you said 'i was told']
Reply 8
Original post by Napp
Why are you taking anti-psychotics if you're not prescribed them..? [i assume you arent atleast since you said 'i was told']

I was prescribed these pills.
Sounds like high blood pressure to me.
Reply 10
I was prescribed these pills.

My mistake, it came across as you were simply handed them by a friend or some such.
At any rate as with any medication this seems to be one of the potentially side effects so its worth speaking to your GP about it although i personally wouldnt look too much in to it.
Ok so I need reassurance here from someone who knows about medications.

I took what I was told was aripiprazole last night and today I'm feeling all this. I'm finding it very hard to focus and concentrate and I'm worried it wasn't aripiprazole but poison but, for reasons I don't want to go into, I want to keep it down and keep calm. My eyes feel kind of like they're being pushed from behind with just how full my brain feels. And everytime I stand up I feel very dizzy. I didn't eat breakfast because I feel too nauseated.

So can aripiprazole cause this kind of pressure and fullness inside my head or should I be trying to throw it up?

No idea about the drug but ask your GP or local pharmacist about side effects which it could just be.

I had 2 instances onset nausea and vertigo about a month ago 2 Days in a row and ended up in hospital for 11 days . Im not saying this has/will happen to you as im not medically qualified, but I had a stroke (maybe even 2). Probable cause was high blood pressure.

So yeah, get yourself a blood pressure machine and keep on eye on it. If its high, go and see your GP.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest