what a levels are best for a law degree

Watch
anoymous77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i want to study law at oxbridge or another russel group university. I am not sure nwhich a levels to take> i want to take four and am stuck between the following five:
english lit
history
government and politics
maths
religious studies
i am quite certain that i am going to take history and english lit but am not sure about the other two
Texxers
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Swear to god everyone wants Oxbridge or RG uni's.. smh.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Go for Maths. It shows a slightly different sort of ability and at least some Cambridge colleges prefer candidates to have Maths A level.
anoymous77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
Go for Maths. It shows a slightly different sort of ability and at least some Cambridge colleges prefer candidates to have Maths A level.
thanks!
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anoymous77)
thanks!
I believe History, English Lit and Maths are the 3 most common choices for Law and they are a good combo (although plenty of other things are also good).
yoy12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maths! It may seem "unrelated" to law and the other subjects listed but it is extremely useful and interesting. I agree with what @Compost said and also, I found out an intriguing fact about the application of Maths only a few months ago. I knew there were many applications of Maths previously but the Sally Clarks case with Roy Meadow involved is interesting. Read into that case if you want. As for your other subjects listed, which one is more interesting or would seem more worth it at A level?
Leafy is beafy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i'd say wood tech and pe
123mec456
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd say english lit, history, maths and politics. Maths woud be good as it shows you have a variety of skills and I personally think politics suit a law degree more than rs. But if you prefer rs definitely do that as that's still fine (especially cause it's your 4th)
Char_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you have an idea already of where you'd apply to study Law, check out their entry requirements. They may be subject specific and / or have preferences. English and History would definitely be good choices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (697)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (875)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.07%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads