?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
She is currently choosing her GCSEs
TeenPolyglot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pretty sure GCSE English Lit is a core subject (as with English Language, Maths and Science), so it should be automatically given as a subject.

Otherwise, it's pretty important to have English Literature GCSE when applying to universities.
?Hannah?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
(Original post by TeenPolyglot)
Pretty sure GCSE English Lit is a core subject (as with English Language, Maths and Science), so it should be automatically given as a subject.

Otherwise, it's pretty important to have English Literature GCSE when applying to universities.
would she not have a chance without the english literature?
PhilipC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you check the certain unis and courses under the requirements it states what they want. The likes of Nottingham, York, Sheffield and Newcastle don't request them and only want A-Levels for the course I'm looking at but Nottingham Trent for example requires 4 GCSEs including English maths and science for Law.
TeenPolyglot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ?Hannah?)
would she not have a chance without the english literature?
She would still have a chance, depending on the other grades and the course she's going for, but (unless it's changed with the new reforms), English Literature is a standard, compulsory GCSE.
?Hannah?
Rep:
?
She would still have a chance, depending on the other grades and the course she's going for, but (unless it's changed with the new reforms), English Literature is a standard, compulsory GCSE.
ah i get you, but i thought that only english language was compulsory?

thank-you for all your comments
TeenPolyglot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ?Hannah?)
ah i get you, but i thought that only english language was compulsory?

thank-you for all your comments
Upon further inspection, there seems to be a grey area.

I would say it will depend on the school itself; all students in our school have to do English Literature GCSE, but it seems they're not necessarily compulsory anymore. Check with the school.
?Hannah?
Rep:
?
Upon further inspection, there seems to be a grey area.

I would say it will depend on the school itself; all students in our school have to do English Literature GCSE, but it seems they're not necessarily compulsory anymore. Check with the school.
thank-you very much, i guess that english literature is an added bonus, but isn’t necessarily compulsory.
Analyst89
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
GCSE English Language is a core requirement for university entry requirements. All uni's ask for it.

She will need to check the universities entry requirements however no, I don't believe GCSE English Lit is required.
anoymous77
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
most schools force you to do english lit and lang. without them u cant go to any uni let alone a russel group one!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads