AQA AS Computing Module 3 Watch

This discussion is closed.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Has anybody started the Terry's Turkeys practical excercise? Are you doing it in Access, a programming language, or Excel?
trev
Rep:
?
For the task, do we need any VBA programming?
evilmonkey
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev1122)
For the task, do we need any VBA programming?
We were given the booklet which explains the modules - including Terry's Turkeys. It mentions that it must be programmed OR using a relational database OR using a combination of both.

I'm sticking to doing a combination of both.
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did Tods tyres, using Access only, you dont need any programming.
trev
Rep:
?
Ok, I won't do any programming then.

How far are you guys on 'terry's turkeys'?
99roddisd
Report 14 years ago
Do you really think the terrys turkeys project can be done without VBA i can't see it possible there are a lot of hidden problems to overcome you have to look alot deeper than what the examiner is asking for.

Dave
trev
Rep:
?
I think it can be done without VBA.
thunderstorm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hah terrys turkeys i thought tods tyres was bad enuf :P
99roddisd
Report 14 years ago
Without VBA how are you going to match the requested turkey weight to the turkey list. i can't see it being to easy,

dave
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
query.
trev
Rep:
?
Exactly.
99roddisd
Report 14 years ago
has anybody worked out how to stop more than 5 turkeys being order by each customer, i'm stuck.

Dave
Tindo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You already started on the project? :confused: We are going to do it in january.
99roddisd
Report 14 years ago
Done
Tidasquall
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Am I the only one here who's doing it in Pascal?! :confused: My Computing teacher told the whole class that it is a project that would be done very well in programming, however I am more comfortable with a database.
evilmonkey
Report 14 years ago
My computing teacher told us it would be complicated to programme it all so we are using Access.

The other computing class at my college is going to start it in January too. I'm glad we are starting now so we can get it out of the way atleast.
supreme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It is easier to get marks for in the exam if you do the programming but you can still get the same marks using crap like MS Access but you just have to work harder in the exam (not that much) Last year I didn't do it in VB as it was too much work.

Make sure you do the documentation as it makes the exam a lot easier although I was annoyed with AQA as they expect you to produce pages of waffle and to answer the question you didn't really need anyone of it, last year anyway. But then again without out all of the documentation they can refuse to mark it!
evilmonkey
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by supreme)
But then again without out all of the documentation they can refuse to mark it!
Really??? Wow, that's news to me.
dikisoccer
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev1122)
Has anybody started the Terry's Turkeys practical excercise? Are you doing it in Access, a programming language, or Excel?
i finished my A-level 2 years ago, i did AQA computing aswell, i would recommand VB or Delphi together with Access, if you used a programming language you would get a better mark
CreamCheese
Report 14 years ago
You people all know exacly what you're doing. Im sarting Computing this year and I have no Idea, we were supposed to finish the project last week doing it in access. The most experience i've had with a computer is playing games. All this talk about programming has completely lost me!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (84)
46.41%
Pro-humanity (97)
53.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise