The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

BA (Hons) Creative Writing & Journalism at Middlesex University

I am looking to study a writing/journalism course at university next year, and I think that the BA (Hons) Creative Writing & Journalism course at Middlesex looks great. However, I would love some student feedback. Could past and present students, who have done this course, answer my questions:

* Is the quality of the course good, and is it enjoyable?
* Is it useful for a career in that profession? Are the employability chances good?
* What are the lecturers like? Are they good deliverers of the content, and do they support you well?
* What is the overall pastoral support like?
* Overall, would you recommend the course and Uni to someone else?
Original post by nathangeorge99
I am looking to study a writing/journalism course at university next year, and I think that the BA (Hons) Creative Writing & Journalism course at Middlesex looks great. However, I would love some student feedback. Could past and present students, who have done this course, answer my questions:

* Is the quality of the course good, and is it enjoyable?
* Is it useful for a career in that profession? Are the employability chances good?
* What are the lecturers like? Are they good deliverers of the content, and do they support you well?
* What is the overall pastoral support like?
* Overall, would you recommend the course and Uni to someone else?

Hello,
I have graduated from BA Journalism and Media and I stared quite a few modules with Creative Writing and Journalism!

The course is good and the teachers are really knowledgeable!
It is a mix between theory and practice so, you will get to learn what it is like to be part of the industry!
The lecturers are also very responsive and they have very good industry links for internships and work experience.
There is also a good support for essay writing, where you can go and check your essays. At the end of the three years, you will also have the chance to do a practical project, rather than a written dissertation.

Apart for the academic life, the student life is also very strong!
There are loads of ways to make new friends and to get involved in things. From sports, to societies, to volunteering opportunities or jobs on campus, there is a lot to get involved!

We are also running an Open Day on Saturday!
Why don't you come and have a look? You can talk to lecturers and current students. You can book your place here: www.mdx.ac.uk/opendays.

Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help!

Have a lovely day
Ludovica
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Thank you very much, I have already booked to do the Open Day on Saturday, am looking forward to it! 😀
Thank you very much, I have already booked to do the Open Day on Saturday, am looking forward to it! 😀

Hello Nathangeorge99,

That is great! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow, I am sure you will love it!

Have a great day
Ludovica

Hello Nathangeorge99,

How did the Open Day go? Did you enjoy it? :smile:

Ludovica
Sorry, I've kept forgetting to reply! The Open Day was really great! The course looks brilliant, and the course looks amazing! I'm just in the process of handing in my UCAS Application (Should be done by next week), and I'm torn between here and one other place. Decision time is fast-approaching! But thanks a lot for the info ad support that you have given! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending