The Student Room Group

VERY worried year 11 student!

I am absolutely terrified for my gcse's and i mean terrified. I am currently a 4 in maths and physics, and to get back into my school sixth form u need at least a 6 in maths. However, when i tried the point system that my school uses to allow people in (they take ur 8 best gcses, add them up and divide them by 8, and u have to get over 49 to be accepted) I was over the average point system.

Thing is, im an 8 in english lit/lang, history and RS and these are the 3 subjects i want to take at alevel.

So, my question is, do you think that my school would let me back into their sixth form even if i got like a 5 in maths? has anyone else experienced this with their schools sixth forms? Please someone help me i am so so worried, i really want to stay at my school, and the subjects i want to take for alevel im doing really well in now
You still have a lot of time to study. If you devote an hour or two everyday to revise and study, you should be able to get decent grades over all. Since you need a 6 in maths, you should really try to improve on that. I had a friend who was doing worse than you are at this point in the year, and ended up coming out with every GCSE with at least a pass. You've got this, if others can do it, you can too.
Reply 2
Original post by a.nietzsche
You still have a lot of time to study. If you devote an hour or two everyday to revise and study, you should be able to get decent grades over all. Since you need a 6 in maths, you should really try to improve on that. I had a friend who was doing worse than you are at this point in the year, and ended up coming out with every GCSE with at least a pass. You've got this, if others can do it, you can too.

thank you so much, i've got my mocks coming up and i've been revising a lot of maths for them so i'll carry on. thanks again!
Original post by lolitaellul
thank you so much, i've got my mocks coming up and i've been revising a lot of maths for them so i'll carry on. thanks again!

That'll show you how you're currently doing and where you need to improve. All should be well, so don't stress! :smile:
Original post by lolitaellul
I am absolutely terrified for my gcse's and i mean terrified. I am currently a 4 in maths and physics, and to get back into my school sixth form u need at least a 6 in maths. However, when i tried the point system that my school uses to allow people in (they take ur 8 best gcses, add them up and divide them by 8, and u have to get over 49 to be accepted) I was over the average point system.

Thing is, im an 8 in english lit/lang, history and RS and these are the 3 subjects i want to take at alevel.

So, my question is, do you think that my school would let me back into their sixth form even if i got like a 5 in maths? has anyone else experienced this with their schools sixth forms? Please someone help me i am so so worried, i really want to stay at my school, and the subjects i want to take for alevel im doing really well in now

Bang out past papers for maths. Do everything on mathsgenie and you should be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest