Southampton Meng Computer science with Cyber Security

Watch
_MilanH_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am currently in year 12 and I am fairly set on the Master in Engineering for Computer science with Cyber Security at Southampton but I was wondering if I will get an offer next year when I apply because I don't take A Level physics so will this be a big disadvantage when applying to Southampton? Is there anything I can do outside of school to fill this gap? I also got a B in physics IGCSE. I am currently taking Maths, Computer science, Economics and Politics.

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks!
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're doing Maths and a science, Computer Science, which is good. Physics is not an entry requirement, why do you think it'll be a disadvantage?

As long as you have the predicted grades you'll get an offer.
_MilanH_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Yeah I thought that since in was a masters in engineering physics would preferred but as you said if I meet the grades which are A*AA I should get an offer. What sort of things do you think I should do to make my UCAS form look more appealing to Southampton?
Thanks for the advice
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You'll find that similar courses are MEng in one uni, MSCi in another and MComp in another. Doesn't really mean anything.

On your Personal Statement they will be looking for anything you have done in your own time relating to Maths or Coding. For example, the Maths Challenge, personal coding projects, work experience in IT, helping other students in school. Anything that shows you have the abilities and a passion for Computer Science.

If you get into Southampton you'll enjoy it there. My son is there and loves the uni and the city itself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads