The Student Room Group

Help me understand this girl??? Please!

Hello guys, basically i was doing some work in the library at school and i saw this girl looking at me and smiling at me, and she is really pretty actually! And i got home and saw she sent me a friend request. I accepted it and messaged her saying hey and everything and she didn't seem interested at all?? She said 'K to most comments and even said "stop being so clingy and weird" and "stop being so enthusiastic all the time,chill ".

I dont get it??? She sent me a friend request and smiled at me for about 1 hour :frown: why is she acting like she hates me??? And she is now ignoring my messages :frown: help me please im so worried and confused😢

Scroll to see replies

You bombarded her
You should've waited buddy
Original post by Anonymous
Hello guys, basically i was doing some work in the library at school and i saw this girl looking at me and smiling at me, and she is really pretty actually! And i got home and saw she sent me a friend request. I accepted it and messaged her saying hey and everything and she didn't seem interested at all?? She said 'K to most comments and even said "stop being so clingy and weird" and "stop being so enthusiastic all the time,chill ".

I dont get it??? She sent me a friend request and smiled at me for about 1 hour :frown: why is she acting like she hates me??? And she is now ignoring my messages :frown: help me please im so worried and confused😢
You more than likely perceived the smiles to be more than just a formality and an act of being friendly
Sounds like she is messing with you. Be straight up and sure she responds. Don't waste your time on an idiot
Reply 5
What do i go about doing about it now?? Leave it or talk to her or something?😯
Reply 6
Ignore her. Them replies from her are just rude
(edited 6 years ago)
seems best to leave it

maybe she thought you were attractive, but on closer inspection your facebook portrays you as a boring person
Reply 8
Original post by Si087
Ignore her. Them replies from her are just rude

I don't get it at all, should i see if she does anything tomorrow??
Reply 9
Bump :smile:

Everyone gives off false signals sometimes, some people just strive to be good/nice.
Hmm yeah perhaps you did come across a bit clingy to her? Who knows, she's the one sending friend requests and smiling. I wouldn't bother messaging her again, there's one thing if she's not that interested, but she sounds like she was being plain rude. Maybe she just wanted the attention but doesn't want to actually get involved with anything, or maybe your personality wasn't what she's into. If you see her again just smile and keep on walking, if you bump into her on a night out could briefly go over for a friendly chat. But I wouldn't bother wasting your time. If a pretty girl is smiling at you and adding you on facebook, you're probably quite attractive
She didn't say stop being weird and clingy over regular chit chat lol.

Ask her to "show bobs".
i don’t think her smile & friend request meant anything more than just a bit of a friendly gesture... don’t spam her or make her feel like you’re pressing it
If she's not really a girl you knew fairly well anyway I would suggest you just unfriend her. She didn't need to be rude to you. I don't know how many messages you sent to her. I think she was trying to be friendly but followed up by being rude. Unfriend her..... my opinion anyway.
Ignore her
They say that one of the worst things to do to a girl you like is send her a lot of messages at once; it makes you look a bit desperate :/

I'd say you should back down a bit and just send just a single line of text everytime you respond to her. Best of luck! :smile:

If she gets mad just because of a little enthusiasm, ignore her. Those rude comments really aren’t worth it
Somebody got a tad bit too hopeful.
Reply 19

she's playing games or doesn't really know what she wants

If a girl smiled at me for an hour and then added me to facebook and then started acting all cold like that when I messaged her ..I would actually call her out on her BS and say something like "If you're not interested in a guy then don't smile at him for an hour and then add him to facebook you gameplayer!" ...then I would press the unfriend button

I would not be interested in continuing "talking" to her even if she apologised because she's showing major red flags in behavior right there ..and you can just tell this sort of "prestige princess" behavior likely to recur if it's happening at the day-1 stages......

Quick Reply

Latest