The Student Room Group

Why are murderous of rapist seen as heros

Scroll to see replies

Original post by basicquestions
I was reading a case where a man killed his daughters rapist in a revenge attack and people were calling him a hero. Why is that?

Why not link the case? Without the circumstances its hard to tell.
Generally speaking a murderer is not a hero.
So you support murderers of rapist?

I don’t support murder but in this case a man’s daughter was raped, that pretty well justifies it
Reply 62
They're not seen as heroes. Rather people can sympathise with what they've done and can understand.
I was reading a case where a man killed his daughters rapist in a revenge attack and people were calling him a hero. Why is that?

Despite people seeing it as heroic, it was still against the law. If it was an unprovoked attack, despite the mans reasons, he will still be charged with murder.
Original post by 999tigger
Why not link the case? Without the circumstances its hard to tell.
Generally speaking a murderer is not a hero.

It doesn't let me link the case.
Original post by oliviaminor
I don’t support murder but in this case a man’s daughter was raped, that pretty well justifies it

So you do support murder in the context of a man murdering his daughters rapist?
Original post by FloralHybrid
Despite people seeing it as heroic, it was still against the law. If it was an unprovoked attack, despite the mans reasons, he will still be charged with murder.

Is that right Einstein?
Reply 67
As a general rule of thumb i wouldnt say they are. However in this case bravo to the dad, if someone did that to my daughter i think i'd do something like out of Law Abiding Citizen to them.
It doesn't let me link the case.

Why?

Whats the full name and date of the case? Hard to know what you are talking about otherwise.
Is that right Einstein?

Uh. It wasn’t opinion.

In the eyes of the law, despite his reasoning, that man is a murderer.

Is it morally as bad as killing a non criminal? I don’t think so. But it’s still murder.
So you do support murder in the context of a man murdering his daughters rapist?

not saying I️ support it just said there is cause for it to be justified. Situations like this have been considered mitigating circumstances in court before. Sounds a lot like you support child rapists, however
Original post by Ray_Shadows
well if it was your kid who got raped , would u want that rapists out on the streets harassing others , no he deserves to die

thats such a strawman
Why?

Whats the full name and date of the case? Hard to know what you are talking about otherwise.

I cant remember.
Original post by FloralHybrid
Uh. It wasn’t opinion.

In the eyes of the law, despite his reasoning, that man is a murderer.

Is it morally as bad as killing a non criminal? I don’t think so. But it’s still murder.

Tell us more Einstein.
Original post by oliviaminor
not saying I️ support it just said there is cause for it to be justified. Situations like this have been considered mitigating circumstances in court before. Sounds a lot like you support child rapists, however

So you don't support it but you think it justified?

And I don't support them love.
Reply 75
I don't know that I'd celebrate it, but I am fairly sure that if one of my lot was raped or sexually assaulted, I'd look to do serious harm to the person that did it. I understand it even if I don't endorse it.
I cant remember.

So if you cant remember then you have no credible evidence to support your theory. I dont believe people who kill rapists are seen as heroes.

They can sometimes evoke sympathy in the rare situations it happens.
So if you cant remember then you have no credible evidence to support your theory. I dont believe people who kill rapists are seen as heroes.

Are you sure? Most people are happy when rapists get killed.

You honestly don't see it as being plausible that there are many people out there that would see a killer of a child rapist as a hero?
Original post by gjd800
I don't know that I'd celebrate it, but I am fairly sure that if one of my lot was raped or sexually assaulted, I'd look to do serious harm to the person that did it. I understand it even if I don't endorse it.

Would you really go and do some serious harm or would you just fantasise about it?

Quick Reply

Latest