The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

*bobo*
I applied mid october, and have since had about 4 'equal opportunity' emails, presumably its because I'm viewed as a borderline candidate.

You? borderline?! I may as well give up. :p:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 81
Merr I didn't get that email.. :frown: The only reference they've given as to when I'll get a response is "UNTIL WE GET ALL OUR APPS" which is supposed to be Jan 15 but international students have until June 30th?! AH! :frown: I thought it was supposed to be until March 31st.. I hateeeee.
Reply 82
Absinth
It was nice of them to e-mail us about it though :smile: (although it did get my hopes up a little bit). Is that a picture of Gerald Butler on your avatar? :p:

Yeah, it is! :biggrin: I would proclaim my love for Gerry right here and now, but that would probably be a little inappropriate for such a stressful thread where Warwick applicants (us included) are still awaiting some seriously overdue decisions. Blah. :frown:

I'm with ya - my heart started pounding twice its normal rate when my Microsoft Outlook displayed a 'new message' notification saying that I got a new e-mail from Warwick Admissions. All that adrenaline for nothing. Hmph. #grumble#
Reply 83
Chowder
Yeah, it is! :biggrin: I would proclaim my love for Gerry right here and now, but that would probably be a little inappropriate for such a stressful thread where Warwick applicants (us included) are still awaiting some seriously overdue decisions. Blah. :frown:

I'm with ya - my heart started pounding twice its normal rate when my Microsoft Outlook displayed a 'new message' notification saying that I got a new e-mail from Warwick Admissions. All that adrenaline for nothing. Hmph. #grumble#

Hehe. :wink:

Well I guess all there is left to do is wait... and think about exams. I try not to get excited over replies. :smile:
Reply 84
Chowder
How on earth am I going to survive by waiting that long?! I think they want to know our results for our January exams first or something...

Do you mean mocks or are you sitting winter modules? Because not everyone does that. My school have all the exams in June so I wouldn't have thought they would take the January results into much account as it is then unfair on the rest of us and they keep sending emails about equality and fairness...:confused:
Reply 85
kazalene
Do you mean mocks or are you sitting winter modules? Because not everyone does that. My school have all the exams in June so I wouldn't have thought they would take the January results into much account as it is then unfair on the rest of us and they keep sending emails about equality and fairness...:confused:

I sat my Winter modules. I don't think I did too well on a module or two, so hopefully, my bluffing won't come true. I was taking a wild assumption about the January results, and I don't actually think they can get our final results until August. Warwick's probably just waiting for candidates to reject them or whatever.
Reply 86
ive only have had one email total from them since 14th nov which is when i appiled, it was the christmas period one and thats it, seems like they dont even know im applying
Reply 87
I've applied for English Lit at the beginning of October - haven't heard anything since the Christmas email. Getting worried as the interview dates draw ever closer.
I know two people who've already been rejected for the same course though.
Reply 88
What's this xmas email?
mrs.brown
I've applied for English Lit at the beginning of October - haven't heard anything since the Christmas email. Getting worried as the interview dates draw ever closer.
I know two people who've already been rejected for the same course though.

tell me about it!
The two interview dates for my course are Feb 1st and Feb 29th. Can only hope I get the 29th I suppose, since the 1st is 3 days away, obviously I'm not gonna be asked to come then!
:s-smilie:
Reply 90
Hermione_is_me
tell me about it!
The two interview dates for my course are Feb 1st and Feb 29th. Can only hope I get the 29th I suppose, since the 1st is 3 days away, obviously I'm not gonna be asked to come then!
:s-smilie:

yep, same. and seeing as the 1st is tomorrow...
aaargh, i wish they'd hurry up tell us so i can make travel arrangements if needs be!
I'm still waiting aswell, think I've applied for the same course as the OP, they sent me the equal opportunities email before xmas aswell, I hope I get in, don't think my course is amazingly over subscribed so fingers crossed!
Anyone tempted to ring the admission dept. and ask when we might hear? I am.:s-smilie:
still waiting 4 english 2.. we must be getting an interview letter/rejection quite soon now im hoping..seeing as the interview day is later in the month
You won't necessarily be interviewed at all. I went to the English interview day yesterday and one of the tutors said that they will be making offers without interviews. So don't lose hope!
Reply 95
*sigh* Rejected for economics today.... really p/off.
Reply 96
kazuki

It's nothing to do with not wanting you. The course is probably oversubscribed. Undoubtedly, people who achieved higher grades than you have probably been rejected, too. Still, I'm sorry you're disappointed.

:hugs:
kazuki

Join the club. Lets break something.

We'll show warwick.
Reply 98
Will they have even read my application yet, I applied on the 15th January for Economics...
Reply 99
sigh. i'm still waiting. got a rejection from them 2 months ago and now i still haven't heard for straight law......argh.

Latest