Turn on thread page Beta

What’s your dream car? The choice of any car in the world! watch

Announcements

Saw a mustang today and had to take a photo 😍 one day 🙏🏾 either that or a drop top rolls Royce
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Name:  8E5565D1-C68F-420F-8623-B5A38A0FF488.jpg.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  46.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Rolls Royce Phantom

ReputationRep:
    Fiat Panda circa 1970.

ReputationRep:
    Hm, I know absolutely **** all about cars... Maybe I'd go Rolls Royce Phantom for the luxurious ride, and some sort of Lambo for the thrill ride.

I like the Mercedes CLK GTR and some Dodge Viper models. But think they only have steering wheels on the left side, **** that.

ReputationRep:
    BRUM! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    the new tesla roadster when that comes out

ReputationRep:
    a merc C class :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Jaguar F type coupe convertible

ReputationRep:
    A Range Rover Sport SVR in Estoril Blue.

ReputationRep:
    Robin Reliant. I think that 3 wheels is much more convenient and actually faster in most cases, due to less friction with the road.

ReputationRep:
    R34 Skyline GTR 😍

ReputationRep:
    Mint condition Range Rover Classic V8. Absolutely timeless body lines and class.

I'll use the extra budget for some tasteful mods and the rest for fuel to run the damn thing

ReputationRep:
    range rover evoque copycat landwing x7
    pick up truck
    lambo
    hummer
    porsche

ReputationRep:
    This is a very specific dream that may not even be physically possible, but it's a dream, right?

McLaren 720S with 1LR-GUE engine swap (yes, that's the 4.8-litre V10 from the Lexus LFA).

The 720S is one of the best all-round supercars out there. It's got an amazing chassis that can be extremely comfortable if you need it to be. It's fun even well below the limits of traction (which is good because you'll only ever get close to the limit on a track). It has very good visibility, is reasonably easy to get in and out of (unlike earlier McLarens) and has a decent front boot. Only problem is that the engine doesn't sound terribly inspiring. So why not swap it out for (in my opinion) the best-sounding road car engine out there? Sure, it isn't as powerful as the original 4-litre twin-turbo unit, but that means more time to enjoy the sound.

As for more realistic cars, I quite like the Honda S2000 and E46-generation BMW M3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dabonthosehaters)
    Robin Reliant. I think that 3 wheels is much more convenient and actually faster in most cases, due to less friction with the road.
    How? 3 wheels means a smaller base so it's far easier to topple or roll the car.

Also, you're confusing friction and rolling resistance. Friction is good - it allows you to take corners and brake faster. Yes, there might be a little less rolling resistance, but air resistance is the larger factor, especially as the speed increases. In a race around a track between a Reliant Robin and a car with the same weight, power and tyres but with 4 wheels, I'd definitely bet on the 4-wheeled car winning. That said, the Reliant might be more interesting to drive...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AlQaholic)
    Saw a mustang today and had to take a photo 😍 one day 🙏🏾 either that or a drop top rolls Royce
    If money was no object, a Tesla Model S P100D

However, I'd be more than happy with a Honda Jazz right now :lolz:

ReputationRep:
    Mercedes s65 amg

ReputationRep:
    A 2017 Nissan Patrol Y61 4800 VTC
    Name:  patrol-super-safari-exterior02.jpg.ximg.l_8_m.smart.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  39.7 KB
    Attachment 705008705010
    Attachment 705008705010
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Froppy)
    BRUM! ^_^

BRUM !!! Brings back sooo many childhood memories.
    I've actually met Brum in real life. They've kept him safe is an amazing museum in Cotsword with many other vintage cars.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 21, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.