will I be forgiven?

Watch
HKAY78612
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am just a normal dude who sins now and then, but at night I make dua to Allah the almighty, I ask for forgiveness and thank him for all the blessings and stuff he has given me. but the problem is the only time I pray is on jummah. if I repent will I be forgiven, I know that he will forgive anyone but I heard that he sometimes doesn't forgive certain people.
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HKAY78612)
I am just a normal dude who sins now and then, but at night I make dua to Allah the almighty, I ask for forgiveness and thank him for all the blessings and stuff he has given me. but the problem is the only time I pray is on jummah. if I repent will I be forgiven, I know that he will forgive anyone but I heard that he sometimes doesn't forgive certain people.
um Hamoody or others may be able to assist you with this :erm: not really my area I am afraid :hide:
:bump:
Hamoody
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
There are no conditions for forgiveness at all. Everytime you raise your hands for forgiveness, you'll find Allah waiting for you with His mercy and love. The fact that you ask Him for forgiveness every night is a clear indication that Allah loves you. Never despair of His mercy.
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
um Hamoody or others may be able to assist you with this :erm: not really my area I am afraid :hide:
:bump:
Thanks for the tag madame
HKAY78612
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Hamoody)
Thanks for the tag madame
thank you man it means alot
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Here is a good question for you. If you repent, but tell no one else i.e. no other human, how would the outcomes be different from if you didn't repent but didn't tell anyone either?
ash92:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
As said by Hamoody, all sins can be forgiven if repented for sincerely, as Islam teaches that no sin is greater than the rahmah (mercy, compassion, care, etc.) of Allah. As is mentioned in the hadeeth qudsi, Allah said that if His worshipper were to "come to Him with an earthload of sins" yet still have faith in Him and be wary of what He has prohibited of shirk by seeking the acceptance from Allah alone, He would "match it with an earthload of forgiveness". As is narrated in another hadeeth qudsi, Allah has made His rahmah dominate over His anger.

However, in this there remains more to be discussed and considered. The meaning of true repentance from a sin is that we acknowledge our fault, consider the insignificance of our pursuit of that sin and the One before whom we commit it, and then intend wholeheartedly to refrain from repeating our mistake.

Thus, if someone is addicted to drugs, this person would repent sincerely and be firm upon not taking drugs again - however if, despite this firmness of intention, the person falls into the sin again, one would again take recourse to repentance and being firm in intention against the sin.

As should now be known, an integral part of repentance is to rectify the faults that one has. Thus, sincere repentance requires that, as well as asking for forgiveness, one makes the utmost effort to leave that sinful action. Likewise, merely asking for forgiveness is not a sufficient approach to praying salaah only at Friday prayers, rather one must also rectify this by praying salaah at the relevant times, continuing to seek forgiveness for one's lapses and shortcomings, yet having hope in Allah's rahmah.

As Ibn Qayyim explained, belief takes one forward by one's love for Allah, and one's belief must have a balance of hope and optimism on the one hand, and caution and fear on the other. This is because knowing of Allah's rahmah and acknowledging man's weakness and imperfection mandates hope and optimism of attaining forgiveness and acceptance of deeds; knowing of Allah's power and reckoning mandates fear from going against Him and diligence in doing deeds.
ILuvFood1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Always remember that Allah doesn't look at a persons outer appearance, rather Allah looks at their heart. If you sincerely realise that you've done wrong and ask for forgiveness and repent then Allah will forgive you. Of course you won't realise it straight away, you will know if Allah has forgiven you when your life starts to change for the better. Do not doubt Allah SWT and question whether he will forgive you or not. Allah is the most forgiving and merciful. Always know that Allah knows everything and Allah sees everything. Keep reminding yourself that Allah is the most forgiving and merciful, then you'll stop having these thoughts of whether Allah has forgiven you or not or will he ever forgive you. I hope this helped you in some way. May Allah guide you to the straight path and keep you away from sin, ameen.
Medifield
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Nothing is judging you. The only forgiveness comes from yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads