Hi cat it’s my interview at sheffield this morning - any advice?! Thanks
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by jessanna315
Hi cat it’s my interview at sheffield this morning - any advice?! Thanks

Hi, i would just relax and I know its hard but everyone will put you at ease, all the staff are really friendly! The interview isn't bad, just make sure you have examples of where you have shown teamwork or the other nhs 6 c's. The group exercise is a bit of fun so just be yourself and get involved.

I was there from about 9 am until about 11:45, the morning goes very fast.

Good luck! You will do great :smile:
Hi thank you. I was there 11-1ish. It was fine really relaxed and I actually enjoyed it. I got an offer today too so really pleased.

I have Birmingham in the 9th. It says there’s a written test - did you go there?

SHU is my first choice xx
Hi thank you. I was there 11-1ish. It was fine really relaxed and I actually enjoyed it. I got an offer today too so really pleased.

I have Birmingham in the 9th. It says there’s a written test - did you go there?

SHU is my first choice xx

Congratulations on your offer!!

I'm a third year English language student at SHU, so if you have any questions about the university or living in Sheffield please let me know :smile:

Ellie
Original post by SHUGURU
Congratulations on your offer!!

I'm a third year English language student at SHU, so if you have any questions about the university or living in Sheffield please let me know :smile:

Ellie

Thanks Ellie

Sorry I’ve only just seen this. What is the library like? x
Thanks Ellie

Sorry I’ve only just seen this. What is the library like? x

No worries!

There are two libraries here, and I think you're more likely to be going to Collegiate campus. It's smaller than Adsetts (at city campus), but it has all the books you'll need in it. You can also request books to be sent between libraries, as well as books from the University of Sheffield if you need anything else.

There are plenty of computer spaces including a separate computer room at Collegiate, which is really useful - I've visited other unis where there are barely any computers! There are group booths that you can book online if you need to do group work, as well as quiet spaces and silent spaces. For me, going to the silent areas helps with my work so much. You can also loan out laptops from the library and around other places on campus, so you can work pretty much anywhere - different lockers have different amounts of loan time, but some are up to a day I believe. There are plenty of printers, and topping up your printing credit online is also really simple once you set it up.

You can get loads of books out at once, and they usually renew themselves for a while so if you need them for over a week you don't have to come back and check them out again. There are also loads of journals and books you can access online through the library gateway, making it easier to work from home, or not have to get up every time you want to read something new!

I hope this was helpful. We have a course open day next month if you want to come and have a look around for yourself!

Ellie
Original post by SHUGURU
No worries!

There are two libraries here, and I think you're more likely to be going to Collegiate campus. It's smaller than Adsetts (at city campus), but it has all the books you'll need in it. You can also request books to be sent between libraries, as well as books from the University of Sheffield if you need anything else.

There are plenty of computer spaces including a separate computer room at Collegiate, which is really useful - I've visited other unis where there are barely any computers! There are group booths that you can book online if you need to do group work, as well as quiet spaces and silent spaces. For me, going to the silent areas helps with my work so much. You can also loan out laptops from the library and around other places on campus, so you can work pretty much anywhere - different lockers have different amounts of loan time, but some are up to a day I believe. There are plenty of printers, and topping up your printing credit online is also really simple once you set it up.

You can get loads of books out at once, and they usually renew themselves for a while so if you need them for over a week you don't have to come back and check them out again. There are also loads of journals and books you can access online through the library gateway, making it easier to work from home, or not have to get up every time you want to read something new!

I hope this was helpful. We have a course open day next month if you want to come and have a look around for yourself!

Ellie

Thank you so much Ellie that is massively helpful!! What made me ask was on my interview day at BCU the other week I saw all the library and silent and quiet spaces etc and option to loan laptops and was wondering what the SHU facilities were like in comparison so good to know they are so good esp the laptop option. When I came to the lady open day I only watched the radiotherapy talks and saw where the VERT room is but didn’t get to see the library facilities etc so definitely need to pay another visit. I have firmed SHU now for Radiotherapy in any case

Thank you again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending