Background Veterinary Reading Watch

This discussion is closed.
Hawk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi,
Can aynone reccomend a book that I coudl read on Veterinary Medicicne? I would like to specialies in surgery/orthopaedics if I eventually get a place at Vet School and graduate.
Any help is appreciated, as I think it would look good on my personal statement.
Pollo Loco
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To be honest reading into the subject very deeply isn't necessary, all the Admissions tutors i encountered don't expect you to have an in-depth knowledge of the subject before you start, what's the point in them teaching you then? I can't think of anything of a publication offhand either, perhaps an internet search would churn up some relevant information?!?
Tamsin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Whenever you're in a vet practice, I'd recommend trying to get hold of a recent copy of the Veterinary Record. Don't try to read it all, you'll never understand it (it's way over the heads of the majority of the veterinary profession apparently) but read the bits at the beginning, because they give you a good insight into what's happening in the profession at the moment. This is the kind of thing you could be asked about at interview. Also, try to find out some stuff about FMD and BSE, they like asking about that.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads