The Student Room Group

British Sweets/ Snacks/ Drinks

I have a friend who is somewhat new to the UK and it has come to my attention attention that they have not tried a fair few British snacks. I have taken it upon myself to show them the wonders of British snacks so that their life may be greatly improved.
I'm thinking of all the snacks I can so I can introduce them to the best of the best, but my mind is running blank.
That's where you wonderful lot come in. Could you please list as many British snacks as you can think of?
You would be helping improve the life of a poor soul who has never tried jelly babies. :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kindred
I have a friend who is somewhat new to the UK and it has come to my attention attention that they have not tried a fair few British snacks. I have taken it upon myself to show them the wonders of British snacks so that their life may be greatly improved.
I'm thinking of all the snacks I can so I can introduce them to the best of the best, but my mind is running blank.
That's where you wonderful lot come in. Could you please list as many British snacks as you can think of?
You would be helping improve the life of a poor soul who has never tried jelly babies. :tongue:

Never tried jelly babies!!! Flakes, any dairy milk chocolate, mini cheddars, Jaffa cakes, crunchies, curlywurlys, double decker, twirls, maltesers, fruit pastilles, Milky Way, Galaxy salted caramel bars!!
Pork Scratchings

:piggy:
Marmite 😋😋
Crunchie
Jaffa Cakes
Maltesers
Wine Gums

Twiglets
Nick Nacks

Irn Bru
Some things I miss:

Melton Mowbray pork pies
Cornish pasties
Sausage rolls
Scotch eggs
Lincolnshire sausages
BACON
Gammon
Chicken and mushroom pies
Steak and ale pies

Dandelion and burdock
Vimto
Irn Bru
Brothers cider

Pear drops
Midget gems
Fruit gums
Tootie Frooties
Jelly tots
Rhubarb and custard

Wotsits
Frazzels
Quavers
Skips
Pickled onion Monster Munch

Malt loaf
Crumpets
Hot cross buns
Mince pies.
Original post by Lydia.Mx
mini cheddars

Damn, how did I forget mini cheddars? Those smokey bbq ones they did for a while! :coma: And the big tubs at Christmas! They were dangerous!

:sad:
Original post by Sabertooth
Damn, how did I forget mini cheddars? Those smokey bbq ones they did for a while! :coma: And the big tubs at Christmas! They were dangerous!

:sad:

Hahaha mini cheddars are great!! Oh goodness I forgot about the smokey BBQ ones - they were amazing so addictive though!!
Chocolate digestives, penguin bars, percy pigs!
Tea.
jaffa cakes
pork pies
smarties
crumpets
tyrrells crisps (idk, they were just on an advert on TV :lol:)
any cadbury chocolate
milky bars
milky ways
show them our easter eggs and advent calendars as they might be different to where they are from
Shepherds pie
Gravy
Custard
Trifle
Cauliflower Cheese
Scones and butter and jam
Marmite
pineapple chunks you get in those tins :yummy::drool:
(edited 6 years ago)
Scones, crumpets with jam and butter followed by the sweet tinkling of rhubarb custard and a glass full of ginger beer to wash it down.
Reply 13
Percy pigs
Original post by Juno
Percy pigs

haha yasss, stole it straight from me XD
Walkers, Celebrations, McD's Apple Pie, KitKat, Pringles, Jammie Dodgers, Choco Bourbons, Custard Creams

Posted from TSR Mobile
A simply delightful beverage suggestion of mine is the collected tears of Rupert Murdoch's anguish, rage, and disappointment. Collect fresh (best done when reminding him of the GE polls and results), chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or so, and serve with ice and a slice of lemon. Oh, and a small red flag for that classy touch.

Enjoy.
Daal on toast.
Bread and dripping
Reply 19
Thank you all so much. Now I just need to select a few of the best so I don't bury them in a massive pile of snacks! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest