The Student Room Group

2 BTEC's and 2 A levels

I want to do a Maths and Accounting and Finance degree in Uni and i am unsure whether the subjects that i am doing now are going to be enough for it (i am year 12 currently). I do A level Maths and Further Maths as well as BTEC Business Studies and ICT, my school decided to not do A level business this year which means that I am forced to do 2 Btecs, and for the course that i want to do, all of the universities accept one BTEC at distinction* but i am unsure whether they would accept 2 btec's at distinction*. Maths and Further Maths count as 2 A levels technically but they are similar so im not sure if they would accept it as 2 a levels when i apply. Would i still be able to do the course even with my 2 BTEC's that im doing?
Reply 1
For Maths related degrees I'm pretty sure Maths and Further Maths are treated individually, but it's worth checking the individual unis you're wanting to apply to, ring them if it's not on the website for clarity. If they accept one BTEC at D* surely if you offer two A levels, plus one BTEC at D* it won't hurt to have another too?

Quick Reply

Latest