Edexcel A-level English Lit Exemplar Essays? Watch

barror1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!
My grades have not been the best recently and I want to get them up to at least a B or above! I know that exemplar essays are a great way to really pick responses apart but I can't find any official ones/graded pieces by Edexcel.
If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Old Henchie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I'm looking for them myself
barror1
Rep:
?
*Bump*
I found something! It's a paid service but may singlehandedly save my grade:
Marked by Teachers is one of the most useful things I have ever seen (not surprising as it is part of the TSR family)! I will definitely be getting an annual subscription tomorrow. Unfortunately, it seems that all of the exemplar essays from the exam board are long gone now.
If anyone else is looking at this thread, this A-level English blog is super useful too!
Enjoy
Old Henchie
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You angel
Zach3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by barror1)
Hi!
My grades have not been the best recently and I want to get them up to at least a B or above! I know that exemplar essays are a great way to really pick responses apart but I can't find any official ones/graded pieces by Edexcel.
If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Don't know how you haven't been able to find them, they're on the specification webpage. I left a link below, scroll down for them (make sure you try and find the texts you're studying of course, there are a lot of options).

Also, as someone who's also doing this course (will sit my final exams next year), I'd advise doing questions from the Sample Assessment Material/Specimen Papers (*timed conditions) and handing them in to your teacher to mark. Exam technique is so important for English - it makes such a difference, and your teachers are there to help you I advise you use them. Also, pay attention to the AOs and how much each of them are worth for each question (you can see this in the mark schemes).

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...ning-materials
barror1
Rep:
?
Honestly finding them was a bit tricky so thanks! Hopefully it's not a link to the mark scheme lol. Thanks. And I do full timed papers so it's cool, teachers are a bit busy sometimes though! (not my standard is Bs and As so it's nothing to worry about )
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly finding them was a bit tricky so thanks! Hopefully it's not a link to the mark scheme lol. Thanks. And I do full timed papers so it's cool, teachers are a bit busy sometimes though! (not my standard is Bs and As so it's nothing to worry about )
I just got a level 5 in a poetry essay (Poems of the Decade), if you want to see it?
barror1
Rep:
?
Yes please! I grabbed a level 4 on a Streetcar essay earlier but my poetry isn't as strong
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes please! I grabbed a level 4 on a Streetcar essay earlier but my poetry isn't as strong
Ah I don't have it on me right now I can't promise that you'll be able to read my writing, but I can send photos on Monday
barror1
Rep:
?
awwwww you're awesome, thank you!
mozaregita
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sonechka)
I just got a level 5 in a poetry essay (Poems of the Decade), if you want to see it?
hey could you please send this to me as well if you dont mind? thank you so much!
bcop12345
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Sonechka)
Ah I don't have it on me right now I can't promise that you'll be able to read my writing, but I can send photos on Monday
Hi, Im struggling with poetry at the moment, I was wondering if I can look at this essay as well?
Thank you in advance
hd...
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quirky Object)I just got a level 5 in a poetry essay (Poems of the Decade), if you want to see it?

(Original post by Quirky Object)
omg TELL ME WHAT YOU DID? and what structure did you use? btw i'm doing as edexcel english lit for the poems of the decade
hd...
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tell me how you got a level 4 on streetcar?
barror1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by hd...)
Tell me how you got a level 4 on streetcar?
Just remember to evaluate! Can't really remember specifically because that was like 2 months ago lol
hd...
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just remember to evaluate! Can't really remember specifically because that was like 2 months ago lol
wait how do you evalute? using critics quotes?
barror1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by hd...)
There are no critics for Streetcar lol. You just need to say WHY the writer has done something as a result of something else.
eg. William's may have chosen to write about mental health because he wanted to confront society and its attitudes towards the subject.
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hd...)
You only need critics quotes for AS-level Streetcar, not for A-level.

Which are you currently working on?
hd...
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
You only need critics quotes for AS-level Streetcar, not for A-level.

Which are you currently working on?
AS and I'm doing the actual exam for it
hd...
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are no critics for Streetcar lol. You just need to say WHY the writer has done something as a result of something else.
eg. William's may have chosen to write about mental health because he wanted to confront society and its attitudes towards the subject.
Wait what exam board are you on?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (36)
13.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (54)
20.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (32)
12.4%
How can I be the best version of myself? (78)
30.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed