Does anyone have Maladaptive Daydreaming?...

Watch
Heyok
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Somebody?
username1339858_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why?
Heyok
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It's hard to concentrate on studying
username1339858_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Heyok)
It's hard to concentrate on studying
Set times for it, be strict about it.
Also, try to get some "fun/leisure" in your life, it helps combat the urge to MD.
Starlight22
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
maladaptive daydreaming was and kinda is my whole life, but somehow i managed to make my way through studies despite it all. don't know how much help i can be but if you have any questions feel free to ama
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
Maladaptive Daydreaming was my whole life, I was told it was a very bad thing to do and so tried very hard to stop. Now I have constant dissociation and feel like killing myself.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Maladaptive Daydreaming was my whole life, I was told it was a very bad thing to do and so tried very hard to stop. Now I have constant dissociation and feel like killing myself.
It is not always a bad thing, it can be a coping mechanism and as long as it doesn't intefere with your socialness and work/studies or just basic day to day things, its a good coping mechanism as things go.
I have started to try to bring it back into my life for the same reason you've mentioned.
TracyRed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes I Do! 100% all of Somer Eli findings will be related to me! And I assume for you too, if thats why you're asking... I am conducting a study at university in order to help provoke the idea that this can be a mental disorder ie if it effects day to day life (which it does me) but my doctors refuses to help! If you have any questions on this feel free to contact me ! whether you suffer with it or just plain curious ! x
username1339858_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TracyRed)
Yes I Do! 100% all of Somer Eli findings will be related to me! And I assume for you too, if thats why you're asking... I am conducting a study at university in order to help provoke the idea that this can be a mental disorder ie if it effects day to day life (which it does me) but my doctors refuses to help! If you have any questions on this feel free to contact me ! whether you suffer with it or just plain curious ! x
Apparently it's now recognised, no? :holmes:
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
Yes I do. It hasn't affected my life negatively and I can somewhat control it so I don't know if it's still maladaptive daydreaming or if there's a separate name. But when I researched my symptoms maladaptive daydreaming seemed to be the closest thing. If anyone wants to, I would love to talk. But yes, at the moment I do think I have it. I had it for as long as I can remember.
SweetCupcakes
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes I do. It hasn't affected my life negatively and I can somewhat control it so I don't know if it's still maladaptive daydreaming or if there's a separate name. But when I researched my symptoms maladaptive daydreaming seemed to be the closest thing. If anyone wants to, I would love to talk. But yes, at the moment I do think I have it. I had it for as long as I can remember.
username3489684
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i do a little bit
but ive noticed my daydreams come from dissatisfaction over my social life etc. so because im lonely and sad and depressed
whereas when im very happy, i daydream less
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads