The Student Room Group

My boyfriend ignored me and moved on with another girl

xx
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

He doesn’t care.
As horrible as it is, you need to move on.
If he was going to talk to you, he would have by now.
I’m really sorry you’re going through this, but that’s the truth
Original post by A-LJLB
He doesn’t care.

This but I would like to add, its not your fault OP hes clearly just a ****
Reply 3
I know this isn't the most commonly recommended way of handling things, but I'd probably feel better sending him an truthful/angry message. Sometimes it feels better to know that you've been heard. If you feel ignored then writing him a message might give you some closure and help you to feel in control of the end of the relationship. It could help you to feel you have asserted yourself, and maybe take some of the frustration at the situation away. I'm not suggesting you turn into a keyboard warrior and go crazy, but maybe if you send him something outlining how he didn't end the relationship in a respectable or mature way and that you know you deserve a better standard of communication that might work well?
Reply 4
Original post by A-LJLB
He doesn’t care.

I still care about him so much and I have tried so hard to move on but I just can't
But thank you
Reply 5
Original post by grape:)
I know this isn't the most commonly recommended way of handling things, but I'd probably feel better sending him an truthful/angry message. Sometimes it feels better to know that you've been heard. If you feel ignored then writing him a message might give you some closure and help you to feel in control of the end of the relationship. It could help you to feel you have asserted yourself, and maybe take some of the frustration at the situation away. I'm not suggesting you turn into a keyboard warrior and go crazy, but maybe if you send him something outlining how he didn't end the relationship in a respectable or mature way and that you know you deserve a better standard of communication that might work well?

He was the sort of person who, when I got mad and sent a long message explaining how I felt, he would make me feel bad by saying he has so and so problems in his life. So I would end up apologising about my angry message and then move on.
Thats what I did and then I got my last message from him... but I still feel like this
I guess I just so happened to be there for him at his lowest point and now the tables have turned but he isnt here for me thats why it hurts so much
Original post by gigi77774
I have been talking to this guy for 7 months and we used to talk daily. We are in a long distance relationship. He would say so many romantic things and make me happy and I did the same too. We even confessed our love

Then in the last few months he would take like a day to reply and always apologise about being late to reply. I would always forgive him hoping that he really was just too busy. And then he just completely ignored me for about 2 weeks and at the same time I was trying to contact him through everything and he was ignoring me.
Then finally I messaged him though instagram and asked him why he was ignoring me and 2 weeks was taking the piss
All he said was "This isnt ____ but Ill let him know" But he was stilll active on all his social media and this meant he also lied.
So I left him for a bit and then I see other girls commenting on his pictures and sending hearts and he sent them back meaning hes moved on with someone else...I tried to call him just now and he answered then cut the call straight away
I really cant get my head around this and need some help...Im broken and I wont get over this until he himself says this is over. How do I do that?

Anything would be appreciated

He sounds pretty horrible and was too much of a coward to tell you the truth, you don't need someone like that.
Reply 7
He was the sort of person who, when I got mad and sent a long message explaining how I felt, he would make me feel bad by saying he has so and so problems in his life. So I would end up apologising about my angry message and then move on.
Thats what I did and then I got my last message from him... but I still feel like this
I guess I just so happened to be there for him at his lowest point and now the tables have turned but he isnt here for me thats why it hurts so much

He does sound quite selfish so I'm glad you've previously stood up for yourself. I know it's hard but maybe it's time to have a cry about it all and wait for time to pass and make things easier. I know it's easy for me to say, but he doesn't sound worthy of your feelings or time
Original post by A-LJLB
He doesn’t care.

So true my sista
You just have to, hes already making it pretty damn obvious that its over between you two but just doesn't have the balls to say it to you. I mean hes hanging up on you and ignoring you, why other signs do you need? Its a horrible situation to be in but it happened sadly and you need to accept it. soon as he breaks up with her though he'll develop amnesia and suddenly want you to start talking to him again. that'll be your opportunity to tell him where to go! just don't be a fool please and take him back!
He should be rendered OBSOLETE. He should be DELETED!!!!!!! DELETE, DELETE, DELETE, DELETE, DELETE,DELETE,DELETE.
Reply 11
I have been talking to this guy for 7 months and we used to talk daily. We are in a long distance relationship. He would say so many romantic things and make me happy and I did the same too. We even confessed our love

Then in the last few months he would take like a day to reply and always apologise about being late to reply. I would always forgive him hoping that he really was just too busy. And then he just completely ignored me for about 2 weeks and at the same time I was trying to contact him through everything and he was ignoring me.
Then finally I messaged him though instagram and asked him why he was ignoring me and 2 weeks was taking the piss
All he said was "This isnt ____ but Ill let him know" But he was stilll active on all his social media and this meant he also lied.
So I left him for a bit and then I see other girls commenting on his pictures and sending hearts and he sent them back meaning hes moved on with someone else...I tried to call him just now and he answered then cut the call straight away
I really cant get my head around this and need some help...Im broken and I wont get over this until he himself says this is over. How do I do that?

sounds to me like he got bored of the long distance relationship, did you guys ever meet up?

he didn't handle things well .....but I think probably he couldn't deal with the long distance relationship and wanted a girl closer to him......
Original post by grape:)

Chances are he wont read the entire message

And you risk breaking the law, two weeks of attempted contact is close to the threshold of harrasment.

Typically the right time to send a abusive message is after the first time you are ignored
Reply 13
Sounds like you've been ghosted tbh (according to the internet that's when someone online suddenly disappears for no known reason or without explanation).
Sounds like you're better off without tho. I had an ex when ever you'd be upset or want a hug or something he'd go on about how things weren't easy in his life too (which was usually something like he couldn't decide between getting drunk or 9am lectures like let me play my tiny violin loool). So honestly sounds like you're better off.
I'd personally send one more message saying you're gonna leave him to it but it would be nice if he could send a message and let you know why he's stopped chatting wit ya just so you know yknow. And leave it at that. Like what's already been said if you continue to message/ call it'll soon turn into harassment, particularly if you'd not actually met properly.
Reply 14
Original post by MyFightSong
You just have to, hes already making it pretty damn obvious that its over between you two but just doesn't have the balls to say it to you. I mean hes hanging up on you and ignoring you, why other signs do you need? Its a horrible situation to be in but it happened sadly and you need to accept it. soon as he breaks up with her though he'll develop amnesia and suddenly want you to start talking to him again. that'll be your opportunity to tell him where to go! just don't be a fool please and take him back!

I see the signs and I saw them before, and at one point he was like I want to talk to you and then he said its about you and its not something he would discuss with girls which confused me...but obviously he was going to say it wasnt working but in the end he was like "its nothing forget about it I love you" And also I told him at one point that we had to talk but he avoided that conversation because he knew what it would be about...I did see the signs but I wish he had the balls to just say it
I know its over but Im not the sort of person to cut contact with anyone so its hard
Reply 15
No we haven't but we would skype and talk a lot over the phone. The thing is he promised a lot of things and that he would work something out for us and wait until we could do something and meet properly

I see the signs and I saw them before, and at one point he was like I want to talk to you and then he said its about you and its not something he would discuss with girls which confused me...but obviously he was going to say it wasnt working but in the end he was like "its nothing forget about it I love you" And also I told him at one point that we had to talk but he avoided that conversation because he knew what it would be about...I did see the signs but I wish he had the balls to just say it
I know its over but Im not the sort of person to cut contact with anyone so its hard

If there's one thing you learn from the experience .... make it be to not get into online monogamous relationships if you have not at least met up in person.
Or if you do, one of you get on a megabus [you can book them for as little as 50p in some cases] and make the 100+ mile trip one weekend and visit the other one. I don't know where you live but in London you can a megabus for like £7 to places like leeds/manchester ..and it takes about 5 hours. That's around 200 miles. You'll be a bit bored for those 5 hours, but if you actually like the guy it will be worth it, ...and considering the distance that's a great bargain price imo. Train would cost you £80+ pounds!

If you are not meeting up, or never met in person chances are high that one of you will become distracted when someone a little closer to home starts showing interest.
Original post by ANM775
sounds to me like he got bored of the long distance relationship, did you guys ever meet up?

he didn't handle things well .....but I think probably he couldn't deal with the long distance relationship and wanted a girl closer to him......

Sounds like u love KFC

:noway: no can do. This is the kind of guy you need to get cold revenge on. He can't get away with this. No one should normalize heartbreak. pm me. 💖
You don't wanna know some of the things I've done to my real life exes 😶
(edited 6 years ago)
No big deal - he has gone off you. This is how my friends and I treat girls we have moved on from. Don't sweat it, move on just like he has.

PS he will call you sometime in the future when he is bored or needs some action. It's up to you, you can either welcome him back and be a mug or cut him off.

Quick Reply