The Student Room Group

Procrastinating problem

For some reason I can’t bring myself to do homework until it’s literally last minute. I’m not talking about leaving it to the night before. I’m talking about leaving it to the break time/ lunchtime before the lesson. I was wondering if anyone else is in a Similar situation or if anyone has any advice for overcoming this problem.
this is me to the core
i have coursework due in on the 20th will probs do it last minute and send it off a minute before the deadline :colondollar:
Reply 2
I feel like it’s because I work better under pressure.
Reply 3
Omg meeee! !! I do that. I think we should try to do it the day we get it so it's out of the way.
Reply 4
Original post by Rania01
Omg meeee! !! I do that. I think we should try to do it the day we get it so it's out of the way.

Ik but it’s easier said than done lol
Reply 5
Original post by SophieB123
Ik but it’s easier said than done lol

yeah that's true
Actually, psychologists proved that this is actually a character trait that provokes such last-minute behavior due to the adrenaline rush and so etc.
The thing that helped me to deal with this problem is task management.
It means breaking one task into several chunks and tackling them one at a time.

I also use timer and start with at least 30 minutes. It takes a lot of will power to actually shut off all distractions, open the necessary docs, have the tea/coffee ready and start focusing on one task.
But the results are rewarding, since you have a chance to review your work one more time before turning it in and eventually you eliminate the stress level that occurs when you put everything off till the last minute.

Try these things, maybe they will help you.
Reply 7
Original post by melissa_an
Actually, psychologists proved that this is actually a character trait that provokes such last-minute behavior due to the adrenaline rush and so etc.
The thing that helped me to deal with this problem is task management.
It means breaking one task into several chunks and tackling them one at a time.

I also use timer and start with at least 30 minutes. It takes a lot of will power to actually shut off all distractions, open the necessary docs, have the tea/coffee ready and start focusing on one task.
But the results are rewarding, since you have a chance to review your work one more time before turning it in and eventually you eliminate the stress level that occurs when you put everything off till the last minute.

Try these things, maybe they will help you.

I will definitely try this, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest