The Student Room Group

What A-Levels for Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bookloverlolly
You won't be left at a disadvantage- A Level Computer Science is taught with the presumption that you haven't done it at GCSE. So GCSE helps, but not having it won't disadvantage you.

If it helps then not having it is a disadvantage.
I will do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and I am not sure whether to pick Chemistry or Computer Science as my fourth. I have been told that programming is a good skill to have but also Chemistry would be more relevant when Thermodynamics pops up. I have also been told to pick my favourite one but I am not really sure which one I will enjoy more so I want to go with the option that will be more relevant in university. So I am not sure which one to pick.
Any help would be appreciated!
My instinct woul say computing because coding
Original post by Future.Engineer
I will do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and I am not sure whether to pick Chemistry or Computer Science as my fourth. I have been told that programming is a good skill to have but also Chemistry would be more relevant when Thermodynamics pops up. I have also been told to pick my favourite one but I am not really sure which one I will enjoy more so I want to go with the option that will be more relevant in university. So I am not sure which one to pick.
Any help would be appreciated!

Hi, I've merged your thread another recent one as they are asking the same question.
It that was me, I'd pick chemistry. Both are fine however.
Depending on what your expected grades are here is my advice ..

If you are likely to get As and A*s go for a fourth one .. (I did Chemistry but think computer science would have been much more helpful due to the large amounts of coding you could do if you wanted).

However if you think you may struggle with a fourth - and are getting Cs/Bs/ scraping As...go for three. Three very good A Levels are far better than 4 average ones in my opinion (even if you drop one at AS Level) .. particularly if you want to get into a Uni that requires stronger grades :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending