Turn on thread page Beta

Is brown hair actually more attractive or is it the image it portrays? watch

This question is aimed at boys who prefer brunettes to blondes. I know many will disagree and say they prefer blondes or have no preference, but this question is aimed at boys who generally go for brunettes. (I know some could also argue brown hair is more common).

Would you say brown hair is actually more visually appealing or is it because blonde hair suggests "fake party girl" and brown suggests "more intelligent and down to earth".

I'm just wondering if this preference is actually based on how it looks or if it's more the image it portrays of the person. Even though your hair colour has nothing to do with your personality.

I'm not having a go at anyone btw, I'm guilty of judging people by their looks as well.

ReputationRep:
    the typical "bimbo" always has blonde hair... and never wears glasses...

ReputationRep:
    Some genuinely think it looks sexier because it makes the girl look more "mysterious" or "exotic". It just depends on what kind of "look" a guy prefers imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This question is aimed at boys who prefer brunettes to blondes. I know many will disagree and say they prefer blondes or have no preference, but this question is aimed at boys who generally go for brunettes. (I know some could also argue brown hair is more common).

Would you say brown hair is actually more visually appealing or is it because blonde hair suggests "fake party girl" and brown suggests "more intelligent and down to earth".

I'm just wondering if this preference is actually based on how it looks or if it's more the image it portrays of the person. Even though your hair colour has nothing to do with your personality.

I'm not having a go at anyone btw, I'm guilty of judging people by their looks as well.
    Well, I wouldn't say I prefer any hair type. I wouldn't say that blonde hair = fake party girl at all. Unless of course they're orange, wear tons of make up and do all the stereotypical "party girl" things.

I'd say hair colour is only a small part of attraction, I've liked girls with blue, purple, brown, blonde, red etc colours so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

ReputationRep:
    brunettes > blondes anyday but it's just personal preference

(Original post by storm95)
    brunettes > blondes anyday but it's just personal preference
    What is it about brunettes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What is it about brunettes?
    just my taste i find them more visually appealing

ReputationRep:
    I'm naturally blonde... Does it make a difference for preference if they have natural blonde over fake blonde. Idk
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

General consensus from a lot of my friends is usually

Good-looking brunette > Good-looking blonde > Average blonde > Average brunette

Still, hair is only a small part of a bigger package. It adds to a person's looks, but it doesn't make it.

ReputationRep:
    I believe people find something interesting or more beautiful when it is more rare in their country or immediate environment. Or the opposite, whatever is more common around you, you consider it to be the beauty standard.

Being a natural blonde in my country isn't that "traditional" or common so naturally they'll get more stares from guys. The norm here is dark hair.

I had some fun convos in the past with the greek guy I am with right now, and he said he prefers brunettes (black hair) over blondes, no reason or prejudice, just in general as hair color.

ReputationRep:
    as long as shes white i dont care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    as long as shes white i dont care
    Aren’t you the guy that called some chick shallow for only liking tall guys the other day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casisalive)
    Aren’t you the guy that called some chick shallow for only liking tall guys the other day.
    your point ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufflesxo)
    Some genuinely think it looks sexier because it makes the girl look more "mysterious" or "exotic". It just depends on what kind of "look" a guy prefers imo
    This.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    When i was a wee young boy...talking like primary/secondary school, i liked girls with blonde hair...as i've got older i have to say i find brunettes much more attractive and don't care for blondes anymore. However the MOST attractive hair colour in my opinion is jet black! ...just one of the reasons why i like asian girls so much

Oh and the hair colour i'm attracted to has nothing to do with the possible personality of the girl..for instance i don't see a blonde girl and think "oh she must be dumb". It's purely what i find most visually appealing.

The only hair colours i look at and judge the person is bleach blonde (i get the impression the girl would be high maintenance and self absorbed - kinda like barbie) and dyed coloured hair like green/pink/blue (screams SJW ...and she is probably hairy/smelly/unhygienic)

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only in here that prefers blondes?

It's extremely inconsequential though, I ain't gonna choose anyone on the basis of hair colour nor is it going to even significantly influence who I find attractive.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.