The Student Room Group

Cambridge Mphil Real Estate Finance 2018/19

Hey guys, I thought it's appropriate to open a thread for this year's Mphil REF Cambridge application. Have any of you applied/heard back?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

yes just heard back and am super happy! When did u apply?
Reply 2
Original post by TBill123
Hi,

Thats awesome! Congrats man! I haven't heard anything yet, i applied on the 6th of Nov, what about you?
Reply 3
Ah ok yeah guess it takes some time. I applied shortly after it opened
Reply 4
Ah ok yeah guess it takes some time. I applied shortly after it opened

Oh I see, I am hoping to hear back before Christams lol... do you mind sharing a bit of your profile? Thanks
Reply 5
Sure, I had three RE related internships (Banking, Asset Management) and did my Bachelors in Econ in 'mainland' Europe. How about you?
Reply 6
Sure, I had three RE related internships (Banking, Asset Management) and did my Bachelors in Econ in 'mainland' Europe. How about you?

Cool, that's a really strong profile. I am doing Economics and finance at a Russell group uni in the UK, have two internships in asset managemnet and fintech (one in Hong Kong and the otehr one in London), but unfortuanately none of them are RE related... I keep my fingers crossed...
Reply 7
Alright, the international experience should count for sth. and if the AM internships have solid brandnames I think you should stand quite a decent chance.
Reply 8
Alright, the international experience should count for sth. and if the AM internships have solid brandnames I think you should stand quite a decent chance.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.
I applied in late September and still waiting to hear! Getting a bit worried :frown: Will do a GMAT and go for HEC mfin if I don't hear before Christmas.

Background:
In final year doing Econ with a strong first.
Have a few REPE/Development Internships with likes of Hines/Blackstone/Oaktree operating partner as well as a few corporate finance internships at BDO/Carlyle JV PE fund and startups/economic research shop and likely interning at a hedge fund for the summer.
Reply 10
Original post by ESTATEREAL
I applied in late September and still waiting to hear! Getting a bit worried :frown: Will do a GMAT and go for HEC mfin if I don't hear before Christmas.

Background:
In final year doing Econ with a strong first.
Have a few REPE/Development Internships with likes of Hines/Blackstone/Oaktree operating partner as well as a few corporate finance internships at BDO/Carlyle JV PE fund and startups/economic research shop and likely interning at a hedge fund for the summer.

Hey man, that's a really strong background, I am sure you will hear back soon. I asked a friend of mine who appiled last year, and apparently the land economy department usually respond within the 8 weeks deadline, so fingers crossed....
I appiled early November and nothing has happened yet..seems like a long wait ahead of me
Original post by KXU00
Hey man, that's a really strong background, I am sure you will hear back soon. I asked a friend of mine who appiled last year, and apparently the land economy department usually respond within the 8 weeks deadline, so fingers crossed....
I appiled early November and nothing has happened yet..seems like a long wait ahead of me

Good luck man! Yeah hopefully will hear soon, really don't want to do a GMAT.
Reply 12
Im thinking of applying to this course or the MPhil in Finance, where else have people applied?
Reply 13
Original post by ESTATEREAL
Good luck man! Yeah hopefully will hear soon, really don't want to do a GMAT.

Thanks and you too! Yeah.. I can imagine GMAT being a pain in the back...
Reply 14
Original post by AAA9
Im thinking of applying to this course or the MPhil in Finance, where else have people applied?

The MPhil in Finance at Cambridge is incredibly competitive..but I will give it a go too if real estate doesn't work out lol. I have also applied to LSE for their Msc finance and real estate econ & fin, what about you?
Reply 15
I have applied for LSE real estate econ and finance, when did you submit your application and was reef your second choice?
Reply 16
Original post by AAA9
I have applied for LSE real estate econ and finance, when did you submit your application and was reef your second choice?

Both of my references were submitted on Nov 2nd, and yes Msc finance is my first choice at LSE, when did you apply?
Reply 17
Submitted 3rd of October, Got my ID on 13th of October so it will be 7 weeks of waiting this Friday - no update yet.
Reply 18
Original post by AAA9
Submitted 3rd of October, Got my ID on 13th of October so it will be 7 weeks of waiting this Friday - no update yet.

Oh well, no news is good news I suppose, best of luck mate
Hi,

I am a bit curious why the department was so quick with you , congratulations anyway! I applied for the same course in Cam and submitted on 22th September but didn’t hear a thing. The waiting was so anxiety .

Quick Reply

Latest