The Student Room Group

The Education and Psychology Thread

Since Education and Psychology are popular combinations for a joint honours course, I bring you the Education & Psychology thread.

Although we are in the Undergraduate Education forum, (because this was my idea:u:) psychologists are welcome to and any specific psychology related questions regarding university courses can be taken to the Psychology forum.:smile:

This is largely a discussion thread. Talk about what you're studying, what you're interested in, if you're an applicant or a future applicant ask any questions too.

I'm not doing this joint course, but as part of my Education modules currently I'm studying a lot of the psychological aspects of Education.:biggrin:

I'll be posting a reading list soon with a few recommendations for any enthusiastic people. Suggestions welcome (pop them in the thread).

Don't think I've missed anything, I'm anticipating this thread to not be very busy, but should hopefully be a slow-burner.:colondollar:

Better late than never.:colondollar:

Spoiler

Heya! I'm applying for psychology and education in Durham, Warwick, York, Bristol and Southampton. Just got my Durham and York offers!
Original post by YellowSpudmarine
Durham and York offers!
:woohoo:
So the biggest debate in this field (arguably) is Naturalism vs. Behaviourism.

I'm going to outline both of these in this thread soon. Hoping it will be of use.:colondollar:
Original post by 04MR17
So the biggest debate in this field (arguably) is Naturalism vs. Behaviourism.

I'm going to outline both of these in this thread soon. Hoping it will be of use.:colondollar:

Is this similar to Psychology’s nature-nurture debate?
Is this similar to Psychology’s nature-nurture debate?
Yes.:smile:
Hey! I've firmed Psychology in Education at York :smile:
Original post by crxstalcastles
Hey! I've firmed Psychology in Education at York :smile:

Heya! I've put psychology in education at york as my insurance! My firm is Durham. What is your insurance?
Heya! I've put psychology in education at york as my insurance! My firm is Durham. What is your insurance?

Southampton :smile:
Original post by crxstalcastles
Southampton :smile:

Ah my Southampton offer was higher than my york one so it would be too risky. I really liked the course though :frown:
Ah my Southampton offer was higher than my york one so it would be too risky. I really liked the course though :frown:

Ah fair enough! I was eligible for a contextual offer so it was okay
Hello peeps. I will get round to updating this I promise.:yep:

Feel free to chat about applications in the 2018 applicants thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4946144

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest