The Student Room Group

subject selection for GCSE

hello, i will be giving my GCSE's in 2019. My problem here is that I have only taken 7 subjects, do you all think its appropriate or will cause problems in future? Thank you.
Original post by abstractly01
hello, i will be giving my GCSE's in 2019. My problem here is that I have only taken 7 subjects, do you all think its appropriate or will cause problems in future? Thank you.

Seven subjects isn't a problem. Which seven are you doing?
i am studying the following subjects:
english language
economics
business studies
accounts
hindi (second language)
maths (extended)
ICT (computers)
Original post by TheMindGarage
Seven subjects isn't a problem. Which seven are you doing?
english language
economics
business studies
accounts
hindi (second language)
maths (extended)
ICT (computers)

No science? I thought it's compulsory.
english language
economics
business studies
accounts
hindi (second language)
maths (extended)
ICT (computers)

You may need sciences depending on what you would like to do at A Level, however you could do double sciences/combined sciences instead if you're worried about the workload.
Original post by JennLousie
You may need sciences depending on what you would like to do at A Level, however you could do double sciences/combined sciences instead if you're worried about the workload.

Oh! i see. I think i will take combined science into consideration. Thank you!
Original post by TheMindGarage
No science? I thought it's compulsory.

Actually, our school never made science mandatory ( I stay in India) hence, i didn't take the subject. But i think I might. Is it necessary to take all three?
Actually, our school never made science mandatory ( I stay in India) hence, i didn't take the subject. But i think I might. Is it necessary to take all three?

You can do double science which includes a Core Science and an Additional Science GCSE. That's what the majority of people in the UK do.
Double science is fine, although triple is slightly higher regarded, but it shouldn't be an issue.
Oh ok thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest