The Student Room Group

Really bad gcses , applying to Oxbridge?

For my GCSE’s I was predicted all A’s , but had major problems during and before my exams . Leaving me with 1A* , 2 A’s , 2 B’s ,4 C’s, 3 D’s .I know my grades are very bad , I really want to apply to Oxbridge but I know I’ll get rejected . Also , my exams were 6 months ago but I’m still so upset , because I think I disappointed my teachers and couldn’t study biology as I got s bad grade . Also , I heard Oxbridge looks at your schools results and over 30 students in my school achieved a grade 9 ( A**) , there were loads of bright people ! I also couldn’t go to the sixth Form I wanted to , I aced the interview but my grades let me down . How do I get over dwelling on such bad grades ? I also only got a C for maths , should I re sit it? I really need help because this is breaking my heart ! ; these are the subjects I study ; Psychology, English lit , Sociology and Spanish
Don’t give up quite yet. I know oxford does look at gcses. Cambridge however, looks more at the person and less about the gcses so maybe it would be best to apply there. There’s a YouTube’s called Ibz Mo he is studying at Cambridge after failing his gcses but getting A*s at a level. You could have a look at his channel if you want some of his advice. If you want to get into oxbridge you’ll have to really work hard for a levels and get at least A’s preferably A*. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest