Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So my time in high school hasn't exactly been 'smooth'. Whilst I don't have it as bad as some of the people in my school who get teased constantly, I haven't had it REALLY easy either. Now that I'm in year 11, it doesn't really happen to me anymore but when I'm with my friends it does.

One of my friends is a girl literally all the populars tease, whether its to her face or not. When I'm with her they don't say anything to me directly but rather to the whole group and its low - key embarrassing. I'm friends with some of the populars unlike some of my friends.

And theres this guy, he's fairly popular and he flirts [I think idk I'm not an expert on relationships but everyone says he does] with me. He's a nice person but in maths in year 9, he asked to move seats and the seat next to me was empty so the teacher told him to move next to me. He said 'I'd rather just stay where I am' and the whole class heard and laughed. I smiled too so it was clear I [seemed] to pass it off as a joke but it was very embarrassing. Now, he sits opposite me in RE and he talks to me but part of me HATES him for what he did to me in that maths lesson and I don't want to like him. At the start of the year when we got placed on the R.E. table, he said 'well isn't this table sick' but as a joke. I know people change and I want to be friends with him but like theres always gonna be that small part of me that holds a massive grudge.

I don't actually know what the point of this post was but thanks for reading my long ass story.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by AS02x)
    So my time in high school hasn't exactly been 'smooth'. Whilst I don't have it as bad as some of the people in my school who get teased constantly, I haven't had it REALLY easy either. Now that I'm in year 11, it doesn't really happen to me anymore but when I'm with my friends it does.

One of my friends is a girl literally all the populars tease, whether its to her face or not. When I'm with her they don't say anything to me directly but rather to the whole group and its low - key embarrassing. I'm friends with some of the populars unlike some of my friends.

And theres this guy, he's fairly popular and he flirts [I think idk I'm not an expert on relationships but everyone says he does] with me. He's a nice person but in maths in year 9, he asked to move seats and the seat next to me was empty so the teacher told him to move next to me. He said 'I'd rather just stay where I am' and the whole class heard and laughed. I smiled too so it was clear I [seemed] to pass it off as a joke but it was very embarrassing. Now, he sits opposite me in RE and he talks to me but part of me HATES him for what he did to me in that maths lesson and I don't want to like him. At the start of the year when we got placed on the R.E. table, he said 'well isn't this table sick' but as a joke. I know people change and I want to be friends with him but like theres always gonna be that small part of me that holds a massive grudge.

I don't actually know what the point of this post was but thanks for reading my long ass story.
    :lol: the joys of youth.

I get frustrated reading about things like what you've described, it seems like such a big problem with no easy solution.

Good luck, maybe the guy is just being confusing and acting weird and really has no idea how to impress you.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.