kelly-grace
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi Guys,

So I am currently studying an access to health course which includes A level sociology. I have just started my first unit of sociology and am really confused to the Gabb and Fink study "Telling moments and everyday experiance". I am supposed to porduce and essay answering the question "can there be a sociology of love?".

Trouble is I am really struggling to understand the Gabb and Fink. Has anybody done this study before? If so, can anybody help with breaking it down into "Simple" wording?

I just seem to be going over and over it. and getting no where.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance! x
ChefWhoSlims
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know if you have completed this but basically, you need to look at the PDF of enduring love by Gabb and fink and read through. Their study is basically a sociological view of relationships, how they are formed, what makes people feel overwhelmingly attached to each other. That kind of thing. The whole idea is that it is YOUR view on whether or not there can be a sociology of love.

The idea is that you read through the study and you use what you have read to create the essay one of the quotes i used in the essay was

“emotions are embedded in social relations and that moment can be identified as emotional scenarios’’ (Gabb and Fink 2015).
I then went on to say about how emotional scenarios in everyday lives give us a better view of what love is and how it is formed e.g if a married man does the washing up so his wife can have some time to herself. The wife appreciates the gesture and has feelings of happiness (blah blah blah)

Don't know if that helps?
Minniehaha84
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am so confused on this assignment its driving me up the bend xx
kelly-grace
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Minniehaha84)
I am so confused on this assignment its driving me up the bend xx
Hey,

So sorry for the late reply. Have you finished this unit yet? If not which bits are you stuck on and I will see if i can help?
Kerri13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I am stuck on this unit if you could please help?
EMXX86XX86
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
help im on this essay right at this minute and i am LOST!
Minniehaha84
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello

Its OK and I have not even started yet so your help would be great. Can you email on [email protected] please would be much appreciated
sherriann1991
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, i am also writing an assignment on the sociology of love and i am finidng it difficult to understand, is there any chance you could help shed some light? Firstly, what is 'sociology of love'??? Im finding it hard to comprehend, also what is Gabb and Finks study outcome? Thank you in advance!
shannon daniels
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am just starting this now my self and am soooooo confused i know this was posted a year ago but if you could help a girl out i would be so greatful
shannon x
emchivers98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by shannon daniels)
I am just starting this now my self and am soooooo confused i know this was posted a year ago but if you could help a girl out i would be so greatful
shannon x
did you manage to finish this assignment im super stuck...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (505)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (622)
41.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (306)
20.39%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.53%

Watched Threads