Itssbeckie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My exam board is AQA. I am studying the American Revolution and the Stuarts. I find it really hard to revise the content. Any suggestions of ways to revise history? Any techniques that really work for you?
Geek5
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Practice essays.
Also, revision cards with key dates / events and brief information. Making yourself recall information is the best way to learn.
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For GCSE I did no revision except attend revision class in which I wrote down everything relevant that the teacher said.

For AS Level I made an interactive list of events and the year their occurred in, in chronological order and learned as many as I could.

Other than that, essay practice.
Awol Nerd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Completely honestly, I can read a history book and remember the basic details because I see it like a storybook. However, with key dates and stuff I make revision cards, timelines and posters.
Have you got history textbooks? If so, just read them and don't think of it as studying (that kills the vibe), just think of it as reading a mystery novel, or thriller, or whatever genre the time period matches.
Lucky you, you're only doing two topics . I'm doing Elizabethan England, the Cold War, Germany before and after WW2 and Medicine through time
Best of luck!
XLouise.BeeX
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Practise papers and also flashcards with key dates, and events (try to keep this short but detailed) X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads