The Student Room Group

White millenials more racist than they think

84% of whites believe that whites and people of color could be political allies, barely a majority of Latinxsand less than a majority of African Americans and Asian Americans agree with the possibility of political alliances between whites and people of color.

Nearly half (48%) of white Millennials believe that discrimination against whites has become as big a problem as discrimination against Blacks and other minorities, while only about a quarter of African Americans, Asian Americans, and Latinxs share this view.

More white millenials strongly oppose Black Lives Matter (23%) than support it (19%), compared to very strong support among African-Americans

A majority of Millennials of color believe the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism and support removing Confederate statues and symbols from public places. In contrast, 62% of white millenials oppose removing Confederate statues and symbols

http://genforwardsurvey.com/assets/uploads/2017/10/GenForward-Oct-2017-Final-Report.pdf

Scroll to see replies

:cookie:
Reply 2
And those views are racist because..
I like when he's Angery
Original post by math42
And those views are racist because..

Learn to be insightful, draw links and analyze. Then you'll figure it out. Trust me.
Reply 5
Original post by caviardreams
Learn to be insightful, draw links and analyze. Then you'll figure it out. Trust me.

[video="youtube;uuL6cJPz3Nk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk[/video]

Are you honestly claiming that holding any one of these views (well, I assume you aren't including the view that white people and people of colour can have political alliances; you can't get any less racist than that) makes you a racist? Bear in mind that I didn't disagree that holding them them might have some correlation (not that I imagine it is significant) with genuine racism, or that there aren't racist reasons to hold them. But without any evidence on that front, and given only the prevalence of these views, one cannot simply jump to "racism!" just because it feels like it might be an explanation.
Hey I swear there's two different penguins on TSR, like this ones the angry one, then there's another one...I shall be searching
I'll just go ahead and be friends with who ever I want while the rest of y'all argue over 'race alliances' and other **** i don't care about :laugh:
Original post by math42
[video="youtube;uuL6cJPz3Nk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk[/video]

Are you honestly claiming that holding any one of these views (well, I assume you aren't including the view that white people and people of colour can have political alliances; you can't get any less racist than that) makes you a racist? Bear in mind that I didn't disagree that holding them them might have some correlation (not that I imagine it is significant) with genuine racism, or that there aren't racist reasons to hold them. But without any evidence on that front, and given only the prevalence of these views, one cannot simply jump to "racism!" just because it feels like it might be an explanation.

I rest my case.
Reply 9
Original post by caviardreams
I rest my case.

As far as I can tell, you don't have a case. I see racist reasons for all these views. I see perfectly valid reasons. It seems that you are assuming I lack insight because you yourself can only see the given information in one way. But then I don't have much to go on, given that your actual argument is yet to surface.
Original post by ChickenMadness
I'll just go ahead and be friends with who ever I want while the rest of y'all argue over 'race alliances' and other **** i don't care about :laugh:

Exactly man. there so many threads and **** on Muslims, gender, race and political crap, that I just don't need man. Imma go **** a gay guy if want (no homo lol), "integrate into a white society" (goto school) be chill as **** and do my GCSE's. Cba with everyone crap.
Original post by math42
I see racist reasons for all these views.

Good. Glad we can agree.
Original post by math42
As far as I can tell, you don't have a case. I see racist reasons for all these views. I see perfectly valid reasons. It seems that you are assuming I lack insight because you yourself can only see the given information in one way. But then I don't have much to go on, given that your actual argument is yet to surface.

You can't claim i lack insight when it's you who can't draw the links here.

you make it seem like it's possible to ask "are you racist or not?" and then you're going to get solid insight lmao. Instead, these questions do the same.

Maybe you should actually read the report.
in
barely a majority of Latinxsand less than a majority of African Americans and Asian Americans agree with the possibility of political alliances between whites and people of color.

1. What the hell is Latinx?
2.Does Obama not totally ruin this racist idea?

Nearly half (48%) of white Millennials believe that discrimination against whites has become as big a problem as discrimination against Blacks

Good, it has

What kind of *****y survey is this? As for the SJWs pulling their own conclusions...

Discrimination against white people is a thing, discrimination can happen to any race. Saying that is racist? Lol.

As for Black Lives Matter, they should be classed a terrorist organisation as they've done more harm than good with their violent protests/riots and killing police officers. They literally hate the police and spew their hate openly, that's what their group is about. What's funny is how Obama, a US president basically created that hate group based on race.
If you can point me in the direction of another majority racial group - in the whole world - that is less racist then white western individuals?

East asians? Nope, its really racist here..
South asains? Not in south asia...
African countries? Nope..
Middle east? ...
South america? Not bad, but racism is still far worse...
Eastern europe? ha.

Etc.

If you compare white majority populations with everywhere else - we are ****ing amazing these days at not being racist...

If you compare white majority populations with your Utopian view of a perfectly equal and flat society where everyone is treated identically.. then nope we are not great.

One of those comparisons is a useful comparison to see how good you are at something.. the other is an ideologically drawn hypothetical that has never, and may never exist.

Bonus, if you want even more comparisons, then add in historical societies... You will quickly find that if you are a minority group living in a white western society, you are one of, if not the luckiest minority groups through out the history of the human race.. you live in possibly the least racist society that to this point has ever been created.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
It isn't comparable.

White Westerners spent centuries invading, genociding, and enslaving the rest of the world. Now they're saying "racism is bad, so don't discriminate against us just because we built our societies on the blood, sweat and tears of your grandparents", which is just a way of avoiding responsibility for their crimes and the mess they left in the post-colonial world.

Ooh! I like this game. So white westerners are responsible for the deplorable actions of their ancestors. I assume every other group is just as responsible for the deplorable actions of their ancestors, right?
>Race alliance

Looks like u need 2 go back 2 Lord of the Rings m8
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
It isn't comparable.

White Westerners spent centuries invading, genociding, and enslaving the rest of the world.

Who didn't?

Muslims have...
South europeans have...
The russians have...
The Chinese have...
The japanese have...
The african empires/tribes were just as brutal
Rules of south east asia have done just as bad things...
etc. etc. etc.

We as the human race have a history that's filled with millennia of violence against one and other, from all sides.

To single out white people as the worst is simply bias towards the most recent. (and even that is not true, because technically the most recent full scale atrocities were carried out by the Chinese.. before that both white europeans and the japanese were around the same level... and before that comparisons get pretty chaotic)

Quick Reply