Turn on thread page Beta

How is college life watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you mingle with lots of people and are the classes full? I'm afraid I won't make friends as I'm quiet. Is it any different from school. People say it's one of the best times of their life.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends . I came to a sixthform which was a school as well , and everyone there that went to the school attached to the sixthform had already their friends, so it was difficult. However I’ve made soo many friends now and feel like I fit in . The tip is just don’t be shy and think people will judge you . Everyone actually just wants to speak to you since they themselves are new as well and want to make friends as much as you do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheb_)
    Do you mingle with lots of people and are the classes full? I'm afraid I won't make friends as I'm quiet. Is it any different from school. People say it's one of the best times of their life.
    I really like the college i'm at atm , i've made lots of new friends and the atmosphere is great . You get to meet all kinds of people through class and at lunch time , i say if u wanna make friends join a club whether it be sporting,academic,music whatever , u should join one cause it'll look great on your cv and you get to make new friends , hoped this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    I really like the college i'm at atm , i've made lots of new friends and the atmosphere is great . You get to meet all kinds of people through class and at lunch time , i say if u wanna make friends join a club whether it be sporting,academic,music whatever , u should join one cause it'll look great on your cv and you get to make new friends , hoped this helped
    Oh that's nice to hear, how big are the classes and is the work hard as btec is now equivalent to a levels??

ReputationRep:
    that's good to 'ear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheb_)
    Oh that's nice to hear, how big are the classes and is the work hard as btec is now equivalent to a levels??
    so i'm taking biology,chemistry,history a-levels , from what i believe ,btec is more coursework than sitting exams like u do in a-levles.

what were u planning to take in college?

class sizes are roughly 15-20 people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    so i'm taking biology,chemistry,history a-levels , from what i believe ,btec is more coursework than sitting exams like u do in a-levles.

what were u planning to take in college?

class sizes are roughly 15-20 people
    Btec business level 3 equivalent to 3 a levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheb_)
    Btec business level 3 equivalent to 3 a levels
    hm ok , i'm not 100% sure how classes work for btec but atleast i think if my school u get alot more frees if you're doing btec

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.