The Student Room Group

Struggling with my personal statement

So I'm attempting to write a personal statement for Business Management, but it just seems almost impossible to write this as I have absolutely no passion for this subject really. I need some urgent help on solving this, any tips?
Reply 1
If you have no passion for it, why are you applying for it?
Original post by Heirio
If you have no passion for it, why are you applying for it?

Tbh I don't really have a strong desire for any of my subjects. I was stuck between the choice of Business or Product Design but I've tried making a decision for months, obviously failing to do so. As a result, I'm just choosing business because I need to submit my UCAS application soon!
Original post by Christina21
Tbh I don't really have a strong desire for any of my subjects. I was stuck between the choice of Business or Product Design but I've tried making a decision for months, obviously failing to do so. As a result, I'm just choosing business because I need to submit my UCAS application soon!

I was in the same boat as you. literally. I decided Product Design is what I want to study and become a Product Designer in the future.
Original post by Shahbaaz
I was in the same boat as you. literally. I decided Product Design is what I want to study and become a Product Designer in the future.

Omggg really? Have you already sent your application or are you in uni now? Well I was like 50/50 between the two, in Product Design I do really good but I was concerned about whether I would struggle with the making whilst in university and then as for business I'm enjoy learning about organisational and consumer behaviour. I'm more interested in the marketing side but the universities I wish to apply for like Sheffield don't have marketing :frown: but either way, writing a personal statement is hard, I wish I started ages ago!
Original post by Christina21
Omggg really? Have you already sent your application or are you in uni now? Well I was like 50/50 between the two, in Product Design I do really good but I was concerned about whether I would struggle with the making whilst in university and then as for business I'm enjoy learning about organisational and consumer behaviour. I'm more interested in the marketing side but the universities I wish to apply for like Sheffield don't have marketing :frown: but either way, writing a personal statement is hard, I wish I started ages ago!

I sent my application off on friday.
I started writing my PS in the summer but offically started it when school started. I did like 40 drafts until the final one.

I applied to.
Loughborough Industrial Design
Nottingham Product Design
Nottingham Trent Product Design
Nottingham Trent Furniture and Product Design
Sheffield Hallam Product Design

Quick Reply

Latest