Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which university should I lean towards between KCL and Durham. As an international student the following are my concerns in order of preference -

1. International Reputation
    2. Career Opportunities(both internships and after uni employability) - preferably in international organizations or global firms
    3. Opportunities for LLM
    4. Student Satisfaction and Cost
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rayan B)
    Which university should I lean towards between KCL and Durham. As an international student the following are my concerns in order of preference -

1. International Reputation
    2. Career Opportunities(both internships and after uni employability) - preferably in international organizations or global firms
    3. Opportunities for LLM
    4. Student Satisfaction and Cost
    Depends on where you are from. Generally speaking, KCL has a higher "international reputation" but if you are looking to be hired by an international firms in the UK, Durham or KCL shouldn't be too big of an issue. Living in London is expensive and Student Satisfaction for KCL isn't that great, so Durham wins on both parts. Ultimately, both are good choices and you should choose the university environment where you think you can thrive in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For your points
    1. King's
    2. Equal
    3. Equal
    4. Durham

Durham is seen as slightly better by UK employers while King's abroad.
    It really depends on how important intentional rep vs cost is for you, they're the deciding factors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    For your points
    1. King's
    2. Equal
    3. Equal
    4. Durham

Durham is seen as slightly better by UK employers while King's abroad.
    It really depends on how important intentional rep vs cost is for you, they're the deciding factors.
    I don't wish to work in the UK. I wish to mostly to return home after the degree and work for international firms or international organizations like UN, IAEA, Human rights groups etc. So king's it is then?

ReputationRep:
    I don't wish to work in the UK. I wish to mostly to return home after the degree and work for international firms or international organizations like UN, IAEA, Human rights groups etc. So king's it is then?
    If you think it's affordable then King's seems right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    If you think it's affordable then King's seems right
    My family is willing to spend the money required provided I get that level of international recognition for the degree and a solid education. King's will do that you feel?

ReputationRep:
    My family is willing to spend the money required provided I get that level of international recognition for the degree and a solid education. King's will do that you feel?
    yep, but beware London is very expensive, good luck
    edit: they're in the top 25 world universities (QS World Ranking)

ReputationRep:
    Try applying to UCL too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    Try applying to UCL too.
    I am :) I'm applying UCL KCL QMUL Durham and Warwick

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you're from and what you're going into. It's probably better to have London (re your former three choices) on your CV, but both Durham and Warwick are well known abroad too. Probably best to go where you'd most enjoy and get the better grades, but you can't go wrong with any of them. LSE and Oxbridge are really the no-brainers for international branding. International students usually choose London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flatlined)
    Depends where you're from and what you're going into. It's probably better to have London (re your former three choices) on your CV, but both Durham and Warwick are well known abroad too. Probably best to go where you'd most enjoy and get the better grades, but you can't go wrong with any of them. LSE and Oxbridge are really the no-brainers for international branding. International students usually choose London.
    Yes I'm aware of the rep of durham and Warwick but yes being from India where everyone is very competitive and people love the brand names I guess going to London makes more sense for me I was gonna apply LSE too, but their UGAA date clashes with my final exams so I chose UCL instead. Thanks anyways!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.