Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need to choose a science subject for my GCSE’s from the list below, which one do yall recommend:
    Attachment 704474
    Attachment 704476
    Also, I am an Indian
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abstractly01)
    I need to choose a science subject for my GCSE’s from the list below, which one do yall recommend:
    Attachment 704474
    Attachment 704476
    Also, I am an Indian
    Sorry, the attachments don't work. When choosing your GCSEs, the most important thing is to take subjects that you're good at and that you enjoy. Don't do triple science just to please your parents if you can't stand science and are much better at history, for example. Play to your strengths and choose a range of subjects that keep your options open

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecila21)
    Sorry, the attachments don't work. When choosing your GCSEs, the most important thing is to take subjects that you're good at and that you enjoy. Don't do triple science just to please your parents if you can't stand science and are much better at history, for example. Play to your strengths and choose a range of subjects that keep your options open
    Isn’t science a necessity? I don’t enjoy science tbh but from what I have gathered it’s necessary so was wondering other people’s recommendation on the same.

ReputationRep:
    I would say do double science because that way if you do like it you can still get in to a science related career but at the same time it is much easier than triple science and it would combine biology chemistry and physics I’m not sure if it is a necessity though

ReputationRep:
    Isn’t science a necessity? I don’t enjoy science tbh but from what I have gathered it’s necessary so was wondering other people’s recommendation on the same.
    Taking a science subject is necessary but you can usually choose how much you do. The options are generally double/combined science to get two GCSEs or triple/separate science to get three GCSEs. What are the options in the attachments? Is the choice between double and triple or between individual science subjects?

ReputationRep:
    Taking a science subject is necessary but you can usually choose how much you do. The options are generally double/combined science to get two GCSEs or triple/separate science to get three GCSEs. What are the options in the attachments? Is the choice between double and triple or between individual science subjects?
    It’s between double and individual science also there is :
    Agriculture
    Science combined
    Science Co-ordinated
    Physical science

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 704474
    Attachment 704476
    Also, I am an Indian
    The attachments won't open. And moreover, I don't understand how 'being Indian' is going to affect your subject choices anyway!

ReputationRep:
    It’s between double and individual science also there is :
    Agriculture
    Science combined
    Science Co-ordinated
    Physical science
    How are your grades in science so far? If they're relatively good and you enjoy science then I'd go for individual science (assuming by that you mean biology, chemistry and physics separately). If you struggle with science you might prefer doing double or combined science. I wouldn't recommend agriculture because it isn't going to open as many doors for the future. Have you thought about what you might want to be when you grow up? If you want to go into science, medicine, dentistry or anything like that, I'd go for triple science. I'd also go for triple science if you think you are likely to want to study a science at A level. However, triple science is a lot more work than double science and double science will still allow you to go into science and study science A levels; you will just have to work harder in year 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohit_Rocks10)
    The attachments won't open. And moreover, I don't understand how 'being Indian' is going to affect your subject choices anyway!
    In this list I attached some subjects are only applicable to UK citizens. The 'being Indian' was a mere form of additional information.

ReputationRep:
    How are your grades in science so far? If they're relatively good and you enjoy science then I'd go for individual science (assuming by that you mean biology, chemistry and physics separately). If you struggle with science you might prefer doing double or combined science. I wouldn't recommend agriculture because it isn't going to open as many doors for the future. Have you thought about what you might want to be when you grow up? If you want to go into science, medicine, dentistry or anything like that, I'd go for triple science. I'd also go for triple science if you think you are likely to want to study a science at A level. However, triple science is a lot more work than double science and double science will still allow you to go into science and study science A levels; you will just have to work harder in year 12.
    Thanks for the information. I am fine at science nothing extravagant I think I might just go for combined science considering my grades as well as interests.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.