Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    would you rather do a job which you enjoy very much and have lots of free time but only earn about 20000 pounds OR would you rather do a job where you get about 250000 pounds but dislike it and dont have much free time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confused?)
    would you rather do a job which you enjoy very much and have lots of free time but only earn about 20000 pounds OR would you rather do a job where you get about 250000 pounds but dislike it and dont have much free time?
    I would rather search for better jobs???

ReputationRep:
    Well there's not much point in having loads of cash if you've got no time to appreciate it. So the former.

ReputationRep:
    I would try and make the well paid job enjoyable. If I can't, I would keep it for a few years and switch to something I enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Well there's not much point in having loads of cash if you've got no time to appreciate it. So the former.
    how about earn £250k for say 2 years... then quit, and enjoy about 10 years without having to work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    how about earn £250k for say 2 years... then quit, and enjoy about 10 years without having to work
    Surely that defeats the purpose of the question?

ReputationRep:
    i've got a chance to earn about 60000 pounds after my a levels but this means i wont be going to uni and getting a degree which could help me earn even more later on.

wat would you all do?

ReputationRep:
    I would want a fun job that is high paying. I don't want to live off of a low paying job. Not that a 20,000 per year is that low paying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Surely that defeats the purpose of the question?
    true... but im not stupid enough to post the question.. only stupid enough to post up a silly and obvious answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    true... but im not stupid enough to post the question.. only stupid enough to post up a silly and obvious answer
    Nah, it's an interesting question, albeit on a smaller scale. Say 60k doing something you hate or 40k for something you love?

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have a job that I enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd rather get 15k doing something I love than 40k doing something I hate. You spend too much of your life at work, so to have a job you really hate would be terrible.

You can be happy on 15k anyhow, and even on 40k you can't afford to buy much of a house so I am aiming low. Salary isn't everything.

ReputationRep:
    Rather do a job I love. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I rather have a job that I enjoy and love, I dont really care about the money and free time. As long as theres enough time to spend with my hubby Shane and my 2 kids.

ReputationRep:
    I would rather do a job i enjoy more e.g gp than do a job would is less enjoyable but better paid e.g brain surgent.

ReputationRep:
    Most of your adult life is spent at work, so you'd be better off with job satisfaction ( and a very rich other half!)

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather do something I love. I don't care about the money as long as I'm not poor...which explains why I want to be a French teacher lol! 18k starting salary isn't bad, although my debts will probably be almost that high after 5 years of uni (4 year degree, 1 year PGCE)...

ReputationRep:
    Working is rarely about absolutes, but some people find making £ fun!

ReputationRep:
    I would rather do a job that I enjoy - money isn't everything to me

ReputationRep:
    both

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.