The Student Room Group

Can you enjoy university without clubbing/partying and drinking

Can you still have fun at uni without partying and clubbing, I don’t mind people who drink but I don’t drink since my dad was an abusive alcoholic. Would I miss out on the fun if I didn’t go on nights out to the club, are there other things to do
Reply 1
Original post by Itsthe
Can you still have fun at uni without partying and clubbing, I don’t mind people who drink but I don’t drink since my dad was an abusive alcoholic. Would I miss out on the fun if I didn’t go on nights out to the club, are there other things to do

Yes, there are other things you could do. You could show up to pre drinks or party and not drink at all during freshers week to make friends. People won't mind (unless they are immature). I don't even go clubbing at all, and still manage to do fun things during the day with my friends who love clubbing, you just have to plan things together and go out.
Original post by Itsthe

I’ve been at uni since September not once have I drank, gone clubbing, or gone partying. I am still here enjoying my uni experience. There are plenty of other things to do. Join a society at uni. Join a sports club. Join a gym. Chill out with mates. Make your degree more fun too by working with your mates and working with each other. There’s plenty of other things to do than just clubbing and getting smashed every other night.
Reply 3
Er yes?

There's plenty of things one can do.

Don't pay any heed to the comments you will likely receive from some people that you haven't lived if you don't drink/get drunk. Alcohol is not a necessity for fun. However, you can still try clubbing whilst sober? I'm one of those who ends up acting drunk when I'm not drinking at all.

Otherwise, plenty of societies have nightly events you can go to, especially if it's a City based Uni. Or go out for meals with mates?

Source - a person who hasn't drank at all in his life
You can there was someone at my uni that didn’t drink an he still went clubbing and partying I get it may not be your be your thing so how about joining a soc like climbing or somthing I would avoid Rugby as they seem to be heavy drinking by all accounts
Should be okay. You're there first and foremost for a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending