lorraineh3758
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there ... I attended the Open Day recently at Brackenhurst and really liked it. I have a couple of questions though if anyone can help please?
1) What is the nightlife like? 2) How far will I have to travel for the nightlife and how do I get there and back/costs etc? 3) Are there enough part-time jobs out there - I will need to work to supplement my loans and also to save for travel - so, what's it like getting a job?

Thanks for any help/advice
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lorraineh3758)
Hi there ... I attended the Open Day recently at Brackenhurst and really liked it. I have a couple of questions though if anyone can help please?
1) What is the nightlife like? 2) How far will I have to travel for the nightlife and how do I get there and back/costs etc? 3) Are there enough part-time jobs out there - I will need to work to supplement my loans and also to save for travel - so, what's it like getting a job?

Thanks for any help/advice
Hey lorraineh3758 :wavey:
Great to hear that you enjoyed your time at our open day!

I unfortunately don't study at Brackenhurst so can't really give you a personal insight however I have contacted one of our student ambassadors who does study on the Brackenhurst Campus, so they'll be able to answer your question in a bit more detail! I'll post their response when I hear back from them

Brackenhurst is situated about 45 mins away from the city centre and there is a regular bus service that runs every 30 minutes directly from the Brackenhurst Campus. There is also a Nightbus than runs on Fridays and Saturdays up until 3am but unfortuantely journey's on the Nightbus do cost £5 each way.

Brackenhurst has its own SU though which does hold its own clubnight on Friday nights as well as other events during the week so there is plenty to do.

I'll post the students view when I get it as they'll be able to answer your question better than I can but hopefully this was a little bit helpful!

If you think of any more questions in the meantime don't hesitate to ask!

Chris - NTU Rep
lorraineh3758
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks Chris - I'll look forward to your reply from other students . Also, the replies about the job situation is quite important to me as well. Thanks again.
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lorraineh3758)
Thanks Chris - I'll look forward to your reply from other students . Also, the replies about the job situation is quite important to me as well. Thanks again.
Hi again Lorraine :hello:

I have had a response from one of our student ambassadors, hopefully you'll find the information useful

"Hi I’m Connie and I am in my fourth year at Brackenhurst studying MSc Biodiversity Conservation. Hopefully I’ll be able to answer your questions!

1. I really enjoy the nightlife at Brack. There is a bar on site that is open every day and has plenty of events on. The main night is a Friday (Fluid) which is a free event and everyone loves it! They also hold other events such as bingo nights, quiz etc.

2. Although there is the bar on site, lots of people like to go into the city centre to the clubs. The 100 bus is really good and only costs about £3.One of the taxi companies do a deal where you can get back from city centre for £20 so with a group of people it works out fairly cheap! It takes about 45 minutes on the bus to get into city and about 30 in a car/ taxi.

3: A lot of people have part time jobs in Southwell (the town down the road) in shops, cafes etc. Some people also have jobs in the city centre so there are lots of options.

Hope this answers your questions! "

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll pass them on to Connie. Hope this has helped

Chris - NTU Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (145)
15.83%
Uncertainty around my education (150)
16.38%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (87)
9.5%
Isolating with family (63)
6.88%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (33)
3.6%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (80)
8.73%
Loneliness (93)
10.15%
Financial worries (38)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (82)
8.95%
Exposure to negative news/social media (62)
6.77%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (83)
9.06%

Watched Threads