The Student Room Group

I’ve been rejected from Cambridge

Estic superbé pensant que aniré a una universitat mediocre on la gent serà tonta i moriré sense ser recordat
Original post by VirgoStrain
If you’re speaking French I certainly can’t understand any of it.

Maybe it is Catalan or Basque or something?
Reply 2
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Maybe it is Catalan or Basque or something?

Lol, it is Catalan.

This is what I got pasted it in google translate:

I'm superbly thinking I'll go to a mediocre university where people will be silly and die without being remembered
Original post by stoyfan
Lol, it is Catalan.

This is what I got pasted it in google translate:

I'm superbly thinking I'll go to a mediocre university where people will be silly and die without being remembered

:smile:
Assuming Google is correct......:wink:

Original post by gnsbrg
Estic superbé pensant que aniré a una universitat mediocre on la gent serà tonta i moriré sense ser recordat

If you’re good enough to apply to Cambridge, I’m sure another university you’re going will be full of clever students like you, and I can assure you a vast majority of Cambridge students die without being publicly remembered. :wink:

Good luck with other applications. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by vincrows
:smile:
Assuming Google is correct......:wink:

If you’re good enough to apply to Cambridge, I’m sure another university you’re going will be full of clever students like you, and I can assure you a vast majority of Cambridge students die without being publicly remembered. :wink:

Good luck with other applications. :smile:

Kinda shady that “like you” haha well I must be f*cking dumb I suppose
Original post by gnsbrg

How do you write "I’ve been rejected from Cambridge" in English and write the description in Catalan? You could have just expressed your feelings in one language so that we can understand and can give you advice.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Want_To_Achieve
How do you write "I’ve been rejected from Cambridge" in English and write the description in Catalan? You could have just expressed your feelings in one language so that we can understand and can give you advice.

Being brutally honest: because I am still drunk from a party last night and beacuse Catalan is die schönste Sprache der Welt
Original post by gnsbrg
Being brutally honest: because I am still drunk from a party last night and beacuse Catalan is die schönste Sprache der Welt

Fair enough.

What had you applied for at Cambridge?
Reply 8
Fair enough.

What had you applied for at Cambridge?

Mathematics
Original post by gnsbrg
Mathematics

What were your grades?
Reply 10
not that deep bro, like someone else said if you're good enough to apply for Cambridge chances are good that you'll end up at an elite uni regardless, perhaps top 5 RG unis or something, or maybe one of the really good non RG unis, either way you'll be fine. I know it would have been amazing for you to end up at Cambridge, for many people it's a dream, but keep your head up because you're going to go to an amazing university I'm sure - and I don't even know you.
Original post by gnsbrg
Mathematics

That's the toughest thing to get into Cambridge for. Maybe I'm biased though :wink:

You'll find plenty of bright mathmos at Warwick/Imperial though, although I can't say that they'll share your delusion about the Catalan language.
Reply 12
What were your grades?

10 in every subject (Out of 10) and A in Cambridge (ironic) Advanced Exam (C1)
Original post by gnsbrg
10 in every subject (Out of 10) and A in Cambridge (ironic) Advanced Exam (C1)

Is the A the highest you could have got in C1?
Reply 14
You can apply next year. Wherever you go do your best at universtiy :smile: Good luck
Reply 15
Is the A the highest you could have got in C1?

Yes, A implies a low C2 level, which is above their English language requirements
Original post by gnsbrg
Yes, A implies a low C2 level, which is above their English language requirements

Did you have an interview and if so, how was the interview?
Reply 17
Did you have an interview and if so, how was the interview?

No, I have not even given an interview invitation, so I suppose their decision is purely based on other application factors, I expected at least an interview because my grades are competitive but well now I can do nothing
Original post by gnsbrg
No, I have not even given an interview invitation, so I suppose their decision is purely based on other application factors, I expected at least an interview because my grades are competitive but well now I can do nothing

Your application might still be waiting with the university so don't think you are rejected completely yet. You might receive an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest