Does anyone have any advice to get rid of eczema?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have eczema on my shoulders, back and under my arms. I had it from I was a baby but it went away as I got older. It then came back for about 2 years and it went away again. Now I have it again for a couple of years and I just cannot get rid of it. It must be about 4 years I've had it now. It's on my shoulders and back so I avoid wearing off the shoulder clothes and it makes me self conscious of people seeing my body due to this pink rash. I have tried steroid creams from my GP but I find that they thin the skin, I have tried normal creams like moisturisers like E45. I have tried coconut oil and found out I'm allergic to it, I have tried sea salt in the bath. I have even changed my diet slightly and cut out nightshades and cows milk. Some days my skin looks a bit better than other days. Some days it looks red, others pink and sometimes more of my skin like colour. It just never goes away.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has or had eczema? What do you use for it and what has worked for you? I'd love to be able to clear it up.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have eczema on my shoulders, back and under my arms. I had it from I was a baby but it went away as I got older. It then came back for about 2 years and it went away again. Now I have it again for a couple of years and I just cannot get rid of it. It must be about 4 years I've had it now. It's on my shoulders and back so I avoid wearing off the shoulder clothes and it makes me self conscious of people seeing my body due to this pink rash. I have tried steroid creams from my GP but I find that they thin the skin, I have tried normal creams like moisturisers like E45. I have tried coconut oil and found out I'm allergic to it, I have tried sea salt in the bath. I have even changed my diet slightly and cut out nightshades and cows milk. Some days my skin looks a bit better than other days. Some days it looks red, others pink and sometimes more of my skin like colour. It just never goes away.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has or had eczema? What do you use for it and what has worked for you? I'd love to be able to clear it up.
Go back to your doctors, they should be able to suggest a routine with the right steroid and emollient to get rid of it hopefully. I use both on mine and cut out most fizzy drinks years ago which mostly keeps it under control.
puka27
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I have a similar situation- GP prescribed creams do not work, and I generally feel very down about the whole thing. But recently my mum bought Hanna Sillitoe's book "Radiant" and that's full of recipes to try. I've only been using it for a couple of weeks but already I notice my skin flaking a lot less and just feel all round healthier. However I wouldn't recommend doing the full juice cleanse given in the book as I was very ill after day 2 :unimpressed:

Good luck!
nikh99
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
A friend of mine recommended Care Skin med from V Pharma and I'm trying it at the moment with good results. It creates a protective layer, invisible, over the skin so stops irritation. You can buy online, just under £14
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Not helpful if you live in England really but the sun does wonders for my son. After a holiday he’s almost excema free
My sons gp told him it was fine for him to have a short session on a sun bed occasionally. ( he’s over 18) he has 5 mins once a month.
It does help but it’s very important that you check with your own gp first
Lepidolite
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Doctor may be able to offer advice but have you tried other kinds of creams and skin things too?
I always experiment with new skin stuff to see what effect it has, if it’s any better than what I currently use etc

I don’t know anything about excema and I’m not a doctor. Do your own research into them and ask dr if necessary but here’s some stuff that I like

Coconut oil (virgin)

‘Bee good’ ( can get on amazon) range of creams, I actually prefer to burts bees which is another option to try, but you may prefer the formula of burts to bee good.

Nivea soft
jayzee18
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Hello,

I thought that I'd share my experience of having Eczema and how it has been eradicated.

I had severe eczema on my face, forehead, cheeks and eyebrows nearly all my life.

I was ok at school, but when I hit college, the eczema just flared up and went totally out of control. It was so scaly and flaky and itchy on a daily basis that due to my constant scratching, I had no eyebrows left as they had fallen out. And my skin was so damaged that new eyebrows couldn't grow.

My face was always red like I had severe sunburn. Mentally I was in a really bad place due to the eczema. I suffered with it really badly. Normal conventional facial medication prescribed by the GP did very little and sometimes it made the itching and scratching even worse. It was towards the end of 2003 that I accidently came across Elidel whilst reading a newspaper (The Sun actually!).

There was an article in the newspaper on how well Elidel had helped someone’s young child that was suffering with severe eczema. I approached my GP and told him about it and said I would like to try it. He found and prescribed it for me. And that was just over 18 years ago.

And when I first started using Elidel over 18 years ago, just after the first initial few weeks of using Elidel, my face actually started to heal. My skin tone changed and so did its texture.

I just couldn’t believe it. The colour actually came back to what it should have been originally, which was a colour which I had actually forgotten. Even in the early stages of using the medication, the results came quick and even the GP commented on how well my skin had improved.

There was no more itching or the need and desire to scratch. It has totally eradicated the eczema and has been absolutely life changing. People wouldn’t even believe that I ever had eczema. Now in 2021 I just apply a few small dabs on my cheeks after showering.

I don’t ever need to apply any to my forehead. And after the application, I just apply some normal Vaseline intensive care moisturiser.

This medication has truly changed my life and I hope that those that need it can find it and try it.

You should definitely recommend Elidel to others and it would be great if you could let anyone else with Eczema know about Elidel Cream.

It has been life changing for me.

Regards
olga3256
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I had the same problem, and nothing helped me, but once I found a series for myself from the VAITE-Beauty-Products brand and the structure of my skin changed. Glutathione Whitening Pills - Dark Spots & Acne Scar Remover - 5000 - Made in USA - Vegan Skin Bleaching Pills with Anti-Aging & Antioxidant Effect
You can buy it on amazon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (57)
34.55%
The paper was reasonable (65)
39.39%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
16.36%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.7%

Watched Threads