The Student Room Group

Is it ok to straighten your hair at low temperature everyday?

So I straighten my hair a lot and it's not curly or wavy it's actually quit naturally straight but since some parts are wavy it makes me so OCD so i straighten it all. I never straighten from my roots or the top part of my head just from where my hair goes down. This never ever caused damage cuz while straightening only the bottom half of my hair I also do it at a low temperature (10° ? I'm not sure what the unit is but it's 10 something). My hair is naturally thin so I can just go through one CHUNK once and it's completely straight. Ive been doing it at a low temperature and only from my bottom half for 6 years now. Mostly everyday apart from holidays. People warned me but since I never saw any damage for so many years I dont believe it. My question is with all the precautions I'm taking will I still get damage?
When I straighten my hair (once a month?) I always take the precaution of using a heat serum on my hair. This just helps protect it from any heat damage. My hair is medium-thick and I do need to go over each area multiple times. What you do doesn't sounds very damaging, but if you are worried use a heat serum/protector.
Reply 2
As long as you use a good heat protector spray and get regular trims, your hair will be fine. To test if your heat spray actually works, spray some on your hand and then blow hot air from the hair dryer on it, if it feels cooler on the hand with the spray than the hand without, it works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending