The Student Room Group

what have been your best and worst modules at university?

For me my best was anatomy and physiology, ironically my highest module grade when I got an E in biology a level and my worst was a module that involved a lot of the history of the nhs and lots of reports; history itself I found interesting but the lecturer had a horrendous way of sending us of to do work as a group when it really wasn't necessary.
In my first year, my favourite module was Planet Earth, which included lectures on planetary geology. I really liked learning about the geology and structures found on other planets and moons. My worst module by far was Introductory Environmental Chemistry. Even though it was labelled as introductory, even students who had done A Level Chemistry (I wasn't one of them) were struggling with how it was taught. I've honestly never been so stressed as I was when doing that module!

This year my best module is probably Palaeoclimatology and Quaternary Studies, as I covered a lot of the content in my Geography A Level. The worst one is definitely Forensic and Historical Geoscience, since unfortunately it's a compulsory module that I just have no interest in at all. The lectures are all over the place and haven't got a clear structure, so I don't really know what I'm meant to be learning. I would say that I'm looking forward to next semester more, but sadly the chemistry is coming back to haunt me once again:ahhhhh:
Original post by claireestelle
For me my best was anatomy and physiology, ironically my highest module grade when I got an E in biology a level and my worst was a module that involved a lot of the history of the nhs and lots of reports; history itself I found interesting but the lecturer had a horrendous way of sending us of to do work as a group when it really wasn't necessary.

What did you/are you study at University?
Original post by Want_To_Achieve
What did you/are you study at University?

Did two years of rehabilitation practice to get into mental health nursing, then dropped out of that after a few months.
The best module I did during my undergrad degree (though I got the lowest mark for it when examined, as I walked out of the exam halfway through and my uni didn't really do extenuating circumstances, etc.) was on urban ethnomusicology: how cities shape music and how music shapes cities. I wasn't too sure how interesting it would be beforehand but it was genuinely fascinating and really stimulating and invigorating :yep: Plus the lecturer (who would go onto become my dissertation supervisor) was just amazing :love:

The worst module I did was the module on The Beatles. Like, I don't even like the Beatles *that* much, but even at that stage, I felt I could have done a better job that then lecturer. He was just atrocious. I was better off reading the Wikipedia entry for the band :nothing:
Reply 5
best : HRM (human resource management)
worst : finance
Last year at Swansea it was by far Modelling Computing Systems 1 (aka discrete maths for CompSci) got 80% in it. Worst module this year in Exeter it's probably my methods maths module got a whopping 45% on the formative test 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest