History Dates and Information Watch

Hannahban04
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys,
So I was wondering if any of you knew any amazing ways that I could remember dates for History and also important information for GCSE. I am only in year 9 but I want to start early. Please help me out below by saying what you think the best techniques are and also what the GCSE History paper is like.

Thank you in advance xx
Escherichiaaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hannahban04)
Hey guys,
So I was wondering if any of you knew any amazing ways that I could remember dates for History and also important information for GCSE. I am only in year 9 but I want to start early. Please help me out below by saying what you think the best techniques are and also what the GCSE History paper is like.

Thank you in advance xx
FLASHCARDS! They're the best way to memorise anything for GCSE and they were my main revision method (for all my subjects)

Also you can create mnemonics/acronyms/sayings etc. to help you remember specific facts if you're struggling. E.g. I used LAMB to remember the main terms of the Treaty of Versailles (Land, Army, Money, Blame). Put the mnemonic on the flashcard and you're sorted. From there you can also make more detailed flashcards of the specific parts - e.g. How much land did Germany lose? Etc.
Med ambitions
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
During my humanities gcse for history in year 9 and Russia unit 1 last year (year 10) I made a big time line for the years covered with key event and put it on my wall. I then read through a year each night, this helped a lot as I got A*s in my exams
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Hannahban04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Escherichiaaa)
FLASHCARDS! They're the best way to memorise anything for GCSE and they were my main revision method (for all my subjects)

Also you can create mnemonics/acronyms/sayings etc. to help you remember specific facts if you're struggling. E.g. I used LAMB to remember the main terms of the Treaty of Versailles (Land, Army, Money, Blame). Put the mnemonic on the flashcard and you're sorted. From there you can also make more detailed flashcards of the specific parts - e.g. How much land did Germany lose? Etc.
Thank you so much I am definately going to try this, have you taken your GCSE already? If not what year are you in x
Hannahban04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lowri.frncs)
During my humanities gcse for history in year 9 and Russia unit 1 last year (year 10) I made a big time line for the years covered with key event and put it on my wall. I then read through a year each night, this helped a lot as I got A*s in my exams
I am going to try this and do you think they do some online I could use? I am only in year 9 but we have picked all our GCSE and started our course and so far I have learnt about Korea and Vietnam x
Escherichiaaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much I am definately going to try this, have you taken your GCSE already? If not what year are you in x
No probs! Yes, I'm in Year 13 currently so am more than happy to offer GCSE advice
Hannahban04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Escherichiaaa)
No probs! Yes, I'm in Year 13 currently so am more than happy to offer GCSE advice
If you ever have time I would love to know all the different methods in which you revise for your gcse
Med ambitions
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am going to try this and do you think they do some online I could use? I am only in year 9 but we have picked all our GCSE and started our course and so far I have learnt about Korea and Vietnam x
I can’t remember what website I used but it did give key dates, although I still went through my history folder to ensure I had the correct dates and if there were a few missing. If you do find one copy it out by hand rather than just printing it out as this will encourage you to learn the dates as you write them.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (138)
18.13%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (77)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (130)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.32%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
9.99%
How can I be the best version of myself? (231)
30.35%

Watched Threads