The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Liverpool
Sheffield
Cardiff
....I need another one which will accept resits.

What about you?
Reply 2
lol yeh newcastle sheffield and cardiff n the rest pharmacy
do u know what grades sheff want? when r u sendin in ur ucas form? what grades are predicted?
Reply 3
hey what grades are they asking you for?
everyone says 2A and a B (A in chem n bio)
i read on admissionsforum that cardiff said AAA n under extreanuating circs
but when i rang up they said AAB and no circs!
confused!
Reply 4
Mad Caddie
Liverpool
Sheffield
Cardiff
....I need another one which will accept resits.

What about you?

Does Newcastle accept resits? You should def consider it, not that I'm biased or anything...
Reply 5
Well they say they did to me when I phoned but someone emailed them and said they don't usually! I'm going to apply anyways I applied before but didnt get an interview but the woman on the phone said it was ok and that i could apply again even gave me tips on what to write in my PS!! another friend in the same situation (didnt get an interview) emailed and got the opposite response!
Reply 6
Bitewing
Does Newcastle accept resits? You should def consider it, not that I'm biased or anything...

They only accept resitrs if I've applied there before.
Reply 7
what grades have you been asked for mad caddie? what are you predicted?
Reply 8
ouragon
what grades have you been asked for mad caddie? what are you predicted?

Ill make sure Im predicted AA but i think most will ask for AB though AA is more likely, I havent asked TBH. YOu?
Reply 9
well i was only goin to do 2 resits leaving me with AA prediction (bio n chem)and a B grade (french), but after reading the AAA post for cardiff i think i will most likely decline it and then i'll be predicted AA A/B(french). the unis for some reason dont seem to be interested in other subjects except the sciences. the offers of grades i've been gettin are AAB.
Reply 10
In response to you PM, this is what cardiff told me via email.

Dear Mr *****

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your recent email in which you
request
further information on this Dental School's entry requirements.

While we do consider applications from resit students, in fairness to
those
taking A levels for the first time, the places are limited. When
considering
resit applicants it is our policy to give very strong preference to
those whose
original application was for Dentistry and, in particular, to those who
applied
to this School. Our standard entry requirement for students repeating
one or
more A levels is currently for AAB grades to be achieved, though it is
possible
that this may increase for September 2005 entry to three A grades. A
decision
on our entry requirements will be made in mid September this year.

Yours sincerely

L J Thompson (Mrs)
Admissions Officer

Victoria Ocock
Secretary
Dental Academic Registry
Room 128, 1st Floor
Dental School
UWCM
Heath Park
Cardiff CF14 4XY

Tel No: 02920 744225
Fax No: 02920 766343
Reply 11
Do you think our chances of gettin an interview is near to none mad caddie? :s-smilie: what are you thinking of doing if you don't get any offers?
Reply 12
ouragon
Do you think our chances of gettin an interview is near to none mad caddie? :s-smilie: what are you thinking of doing if you don't get any offers?

Well to be honest, as resits, we are both at a disadvantage. However, you must remember that many, many people get in to medical and dental uni's through retake options, so don't give up hope.

If I don't get in this year, I'm defo going abroad, no questions.

Hows your PS going?
Reply 13
Going abroad to do dentistry? or something else?
It just doesn't make sense, they are being so harsh on re sit applications when it seems there are hardly any people applying to dent!!
Reply 15
Bitewing
Going abroad to do dentistry? or something else?

Abroad to do dentistry, probably in Prague.
Reply 16
DazYaABBB
...it seems there are hardly any people applying to dent!!

Rubbish, there are loads of people applying to dentistry, they just don't show their faces on here!
Reply 17
DazYaABBB
It just doesn't make sense, they are being so harsh on re sit applications when it seems there are hardly any people applying to dent!!

Yes, it is harsh, but I guess its just one of those thing. :confused:

There still are quite a few people applying, last time I checked, it was 100 people to a place, on average, to all dental schools.
Reply 18
Mad Caddie

There still are quite a few people applying, last time I checked, it was 100 people to a place, on average, to all dental schools.

As many as that?! I thought it was about 7 people per place, which is still very high!
Reply 19
Bitewing
As many as that?! I thought it was about 7 people per place, which is still very high!

I read it on some online website for applicants to dentistry. Ill try find a link, though it was through a google search.

Latest