patto243
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Name:  screenshot-vle.mathswatch.co.uk-2017-11-19-16-32-32-685.png
Views: 480
Size:  104.3 KB
I feel like I'm missing something very obvious here, does anyone have any ideas as to how to do this?
ArchangelMichael
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Opposite angles in a cyclic quadrilateral are supplementary,and triangle ABC is isosceles. Find ACB using that hint,from there find ABC, and the answer should show up.
patto243
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArchangelMichael)
Opposite angles in a cyclic quadrilateral are supplementary,and triangle ABC is isosceles. Find ACB using that hint,from there find ABC, and the answer should show up.
How do I reason what ABC would be?
ArchangelMichael
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by patto243)
How do I reason what ABC would be?
You've found ACB to be x,correct? The sum of angles in a triangle would be 180 degrees. Try moving from there,regardless of whether or not you get an expression as angle ABC.
patto243
Rep:
?
You've found ACB to be x,correct? The sum of angles in a triangle would be 180 degrees. Try moving from there,regardless of whether or not you get an expression as angle ABC.
Yes, apologies if I am missing your point here, however how do the angles in a triangle adding to 180 help to prove that ADC and ABC add to 180?
ArchangelMichael
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by patto243)
Yes, apologies if I am missing your point here, however how do the angles in a triangle adding to 180 help to prove that ADC and ABC add to 180?
Ok. BAC and ACB both equal x. Sum of angles in a triangle is 180 degrees. Therefore, ABC would be 180-(x+x), or 180-2x. Now, the proof of a quadrilateral being cyclic is that two opposite angles are supplementary,meaning their sum is 180 degrees. Add ABC to ADC,and you should get the answer. Sorry if I was a bit vague.
patto243
Rep:
?
Ok. BAC and ACB both equal x. Sum of angles in a triangle is 180 degrees. Therefore, ABC would be 180-(x+x), or 180-2x. Now, the proof of a quadrilateral being cyclic is that two opposite angles are supplementary,meaning their sum is 180 degrees. Add ABC to ADC,and you should get the answer. Sorry if I was a bit vague.
Thank you, that has worked.
Mooly_Mc1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I've read all the previous comments and I'm still not sure how to get the other two marks could some one please help.
Attached files
chizzzzx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, did you ever find the answer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
18.86%
I'm not sure (4)
2.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (57)
32.57%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.71%
I'm not a current university student (78)
44.57%

Watched Threads